Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from the BBQ CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the BBQ CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!!!!!

Just kidding I'm from Jersey City...

I've been cooking on a gas Weber grill for the last 12 years. Last summer I bought a cheap electric smoker on a whim. I made some tasty things in it. A colleague informed me that only p@**ie* (another word for cats) cook with electric and he pointed me in the direction of AmazingRibs.com. I was all set to ramp up my manhood with a purchase of a killer Horizon off set smoker until it occurred to me that I'm too lazy to tend a wood fire all night long. I also began to visualize my sad off-set smoker, alone in the garage, waiting out the freezing northeastern winters. Thanks to Meathead, I settled on a Primo Oval XL ceramic grill a couple of weeks ago. I know I made the right choice for me, and last weekend I proved that i'll be cooking outside with my Primo 12 months a year. Also, I'm a bit of a Giants fan.

Welcome to the Pit! I have a Big Green Egg. With a Primo yo will be like the mail man - no rain, no sleet, no snow will stop you.

Comment

Welcome JCBBQ

Comment

Best Avatar picture ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome and thanks for the support.

Comment

JCBBQ, Welcome to The Pit! Nothing Like Shoveling A Little Snow To Find Your Grill! Eat Well and Prosper!
          From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

When I read the title of this thread I thought someone had somehow ended up in my backyard.

Welcome JCBBQ! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome JCBBQ ! a good carpenter never complains about the saw or the boards he uses. Improvise, adapt and overcome! I slaved for years with a Brinkman POS bullet water smoker (because i got it cheap and refused to give in). The lessons learned (and the help of Meathead 's wonderful website pointing me in a better direction) are invaluable and directly impact how i smoke today.

A friend told me long ago... education is just the chalkboard. Experience is what is written upon it. Both are necessary to keep you from limiting out or blowing up the planet.

And sorry about your Giants. Go Packers!
              Last edited by CurlingDog; January 29, 2016, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• JCBBQ
                JCBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Baseball Giants!! 2016 is an even year so we are going to win the World Series this year Also, my son is a Packers fan and we went to DC to watch them beat the Redskins a couple of weeks ago.

Welcome to The Pit JCBBQ . We're glad you're here, where no one will ever tease you about what you're cooking on, but try to help you make the best of it. An "amazing " community. Have fun learning how to use that Primo Oval XL. It's a great choice.

Comment

Great picture!!! Welcome to the Pit!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit JCBBQ! Thanks for joining up with us. I'd love to get my hands on a Primo XL.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

A bit late...but welcome to The Pit JCBBQ!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here