Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings From Cowtown (Ft Worth, TX)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings From Cowtown (Ft Worth, TX)!

Hi, everyone -

My name is Tom, I'm a lifelong resident of Ft Worth, and this is the most amazing grilling / smoking / cooking web site I can imagine!

Since I am a sentient and mostly able-bodied human, I have been cooking stuff over fires for years but my cooking has been limited to direct and offset cooking on a medium-sized charcoal grill. Bucket list stuff: Learn to smoke stuff, low and slow. Learn to make decent pork ribs. Learn to make BBQ rubs & sauces. Learn how to actually regulate heat. Learn to cook with wood. I indulged myself recently, and ordered an offset pipe smoker from a semi-local outfit, Lone Star Grillz in Willis, TX. I joined the Pitmaster Club because in 2 weeks I have learned more actual, usable information from this web site than I've gotten in years from just about anywhere else, and it's worth every penny.

Wish me luck in my new cooking endeavors!

--Tom_S

Welcome Tom_S

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. You've come to the right place. Your gonna learn a lot quickly. My advise would be to take notes while you cook. Temps, weather conditions, times, fire condition, etc. This will help you get a hang of how your rig(s) run. Especially with different meats in different conditions. Thanks for the support. Good luck you. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing your cooks. (We love pictures) Tom_S

Comment

Welcome to the pit, Tom. Hang around here long enough and you'll quickly put luck in your rear view mirror ... replacing it with skill.

Comment

Thanks, DWCowles, Spinaker and Mbmorgan. That's my plan - to take good notes and do a number of test runs to learn the smoker. I'll be chiming in with more in a couple of months, but for now I'm going to hang out and absorb as much collective wisdom as I can.
          Last edited by Tom_S; January 25, 2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Tom_S. I think most of your bucket list will be taken care of through the Pit.

Comment

I feel the same way. The info alone is worth the money let alone all the members bend over backwards to help in any area of BBQ. It truly is a AMAZING place lol....and welcome.

Comment

Welcome! Enjoy the pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Tom_S! Nice to have you here and thanks for the support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Tom_S, Welcome to The Pit! You just got enrolled in the BBQ University! No Stand Offish Profs Here! All are willing to give you a hand!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Tom_S

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Tom_S . Greetings from Colleyville! I second what Spinaker said. The best way to take notes is with Meathead's Cooking Log. There is a place for all of the vital information, including what you would do differently next time. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Welcome aboard Tom_S! I predict that your pork ribs will be excellent. I use the last meal ribs recipe and they couldn't be any better (unless I mess up)!

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzydaddy View Post
                            Welcome aboard Tom_S! I predict that your pork ribs will be excellent. I use the last meal ribs recipe and they couldn't be any better (unless I mess up)!
                            That's going to be one of the first recipes I try.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here