Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Columbus, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rokfather, welcome from NE FL. My mother lives in Columbus, and I'm there several times a year. We will have to grab a Scrambled Dog together from Dinglewood one day.

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Rokfather My mom has ordered from the Smoky Pig for us, and I've been to Country's BBQ. My favorite place as a youngster is long gone. Whenever I go see her I always make a pilgrimage to Dinglewood. Which BBQ joints in Columbus do you recommend?

• Rokfather
      Rokfather commented
      Editing a comment
      hoovarmin Pepper's BBQ is the best in town. They have 3 house sauces, one ketchup based and 2 mustard based sauces in medium and hot. I love the mustard-based sauces and had never had anything like it until I moved here (I grew up with the cloyingly sweet ketchup BBQ sauces and never liked them).

Smokey Pig would be my second pick but they only have 1 house sauce, which is not bad, but more middle of the road than the options you get at Peppers. County's is the most popular, but only okay.

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know. I never liked Country's. Not sure why they stayed open so long serving such mediocre food. They were around when I was in early elementary school.

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Hey Josh, welcome from the northern Virginia suburbs of the nation's capital. What a great intro! I get ribbed around here (see what I did there?) for using "too many" temp probes sometimes, but I say, More Data Are Needed Have fun!

Comment

• Rokfather
          Rokfather commented
          Editing a comment
          DaveD I do data for a living so I can appreciate that!

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a career in lab science before I became a full time bureaucrat...

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Buffalo!

Comment

Well Josh, we’re thankful that yer thankful, yessir. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from the First State...

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. Lots of great grills in your arsenal. You’ll have fun here.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from southwest Florida.

Comment

Howdy from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcomr to the Pit. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ!

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here