Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from San Diego!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from San Diego!

Been a recent and frequent visitor to this amazing website for a few months before finally deciding to join.

My name's Andrew. I've always loved eating meats, but I actually like cooking them more than I like eating them surprisingly. I like the science behind, the challenges, and just overall everything related to the process of cooking them.

I started off on a charcoal BBQ grill before moving onto a Weber gas grill, and now I'm trying to enter previously uncharted territory with my recent purchase of a Weber Smokey Mountain, 18.5". I've already made my first batch of ribs on it following the recipe guides (Last Meal Ribs), and while they didn't turn out as I had expected (took the ribs off maybe an hour or so early), they were still delicious.

I'm hoping to learn a lot more about creating the perfect ribs and pork shoulders, as well as possibly smoking turkeys for Thanksgiving since that's coming up. I look forward to meeting you all and learning much more from this great site!

Welcome to the Pit porkmaster!

Comment

porkmaster, Welcome to the Pit! You will find a proverbial bank full of collective knowledge shared here! All free for the taking, a little input from you is the price of the tuition! Enjoy yourself, the members and staff are all good people! 👍👍👍👍👍. Dan

Comment

Glad to have you PM

Comment

Hello from Hermosa Beach porkmaster ... Welcome to the Pit.👍

Comment

• porkmaster
      porkmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Breadhead! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You are going to love smoking. Give a Boston Butt a try. It is a very forgiving peice of meat.

Comment

Was just in your city. You have a most excellent craft beer scene. Start making great Barbecue, and you will have plenty of great beer to pair it with. I am truly jealous.

Comment

• porkmaster
      porkmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha, that we do! I'm hoping to get there sooner rather than later! Cheers.

Very belated welcome to The Pit porkmaster Andrew! You fit in well here, we all love cooking. And some of us love eating enough for the both of us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome porkmaster

Comment

Welcome to The Pit porkmaster . You came to the right spot to learn about cooking meats. Lots of great sharing on this site!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here