Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Garden Ridge TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Garden Ridge TX

Howdy all. First time posting and long time griller/smoker and reigning rib champion of the annual family rib cook off! We have a rib cookoff each year on Memorial Day where my family members (brothers and nephew) and also my priest enter their ribs into the contest where unbiased judged taste and score the ribs for flavor, texture, aroma, and appearance. There is a trophy for the champion that gets passed around to the current champion. It is a fun annual tradition for the family and had grown into quite the event. Last year we had 20 friends and family come to witness the competition and eat some great food.

I love to cook in all styles. My outdoor gear includes a gas grill and a Pit Barrel Cooker which I love. I recently got a stainless steel griddle for my gas grill which I have been experimenting on. Made some killer chicken fried rice and it has become my go to device for cooking bacon for breakfast.

I really enjoy all the content here and wish you all a great 2022.

And by the way I am a die hard Fighting Texas Aggie Class of '88.

Gig Em!

Ordag88

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from up here in the sticks.
      I'm sure we can learn from you and your family cooks.

My sister lives in Dallas, her son and three daughters all went to A&M so they made me a fan too.
      Got to Kyle Field once and still go down to the Southwest Classic at AT&T every year with my nephew.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

It took me a while to get over you being an Aggie ... but I'm OK now ... so welcome from Colorado.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from SE Texas! Class of '93 here.

Comment

Welcome from California!

Comment

Working with more Aggies has made me more tolerable.

Welcome and thanks for the support!

Gotta love that PBC, a chant may be on the way later.

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

We (us barrelheads) know why you win the rib contest every year. PBC, PBC, PBC!

Comment

• Soonerpop
                        Soonerpop commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And J and X!

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        PBC, PBJ, PBX!

Welcome from southwest Florida.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from up North. Can't wait to see/read your input here

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here