Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parker Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parker Colorado

I live in Parker Colorado and smoke pastrami, beef, pork, lamb, chicken, ribs, fish, and anything else I can find. Love to learn new things, as I did last weekend. Smoked my first pig. It was really tender, juicy, and delicious. Also looked really cool when done, BUT, definitely prefer pork butts considering the added flavor of the bark, and also the cost per pound. I use a RecTeq RT700.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pig Roast.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1050126

Welcome from TN. That is quite the introduction!!!!

Comment

that is one righteous looking pig welcome from Stockton Ca you'll have a lot of fun

Comment

Welcome from Colorado … more specifically, from Parker.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

Comment

Welcome from Northwest Montana.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Kurt.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Nice lookin pig, Kurt from Park! Great to have ya with us. Eat good and have fun!

Comment

First, welcome
                            Second, I am also an RT-700 owner
                            Third, tell me more about that pig! I have been wanting to try this. Weight? Cook temp? Time to cook? Any other advice? Talk to me!

Comment

• Kurt
                              Kurt commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The pig, 34 pounds and 31" long, the smoker (RT700 is 36"). Pig was purchased at COSTCO Commercial. Body was cleaned, injected and seasoned. Smoked at 225 for 1 hour, then cover ears and snout with foil. Second hour oiled the skin with bacon grease. RecTeq temp probes in Butt and Ham. At 165 raised cook temp to 250. Total cook time was 9 hours or so, pulled pig at 199 and let it rest and continue to over 200. All meat was extremely tender, juicy, and delicious. Looked great on the table.

Hello from NW Oregon

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here