Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from St. Pete, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from St. Pete, FL

My in-laws got me Steven Raichlen's BBQ Bible as a wedding present in 2000. A love affair with the grill started then and might be worse now. Meathead's The Science of... took my game up serious levels to preferred cooker at all events in my small circle. I have now been consumed with smoking for the last few years and find any excuse to sit up all night with brisket and offset stick burner. If you're ever in the St.Pete/Clearwater/Tampa area drop me a line and lets get some bbq.

Welcome to the Pit from Alabama! Glad to have you onboard.

I too started improving my BBQ skills and repertoire from the pages of the BBQ Bible, using an offset that one of my dad's welders put together back in 1984. These days I am doing most of my smoking on a Slow 'N Sear Grills Deluxe Kamado, or a Weber Performer (with Slow 'N Sear), but on occasion I still bust out the offset. I need my sleep too much these days, so I only go to the offset for shorter cooks like ribs or chicken these days...

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      JoseGator cool - I saw the SNS Kamado in your profile pic. I'm loving it. Between that and the Camp Chef flat top, most of my cooking is covered. The other cookers are getting neglected...

• JoseGator
      JoseGator commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris now I am on the search for a bigger rig for the larger cooks.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      JoseGator the occasional larger cook is why I've ignored my son's hints to give him my Weber Performer and/or my offset. Between the Camp Chef FTG900, SNS Kamado, Performer, Genesis II E-410 and offset, hopefully I've got the large cooks covered. If nothing else, I'll fire up a second, third or 4th cooker...

But.... you can always use a bigger cooker! . I would love a big trailer offset, but then, I would need a place to keep it too!

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado …

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL. Glad to have you "in the fold". We do like the blackened grouper sandwich at Dockside Dave's and breakfast at the Paradise Grille.

Comment

• J Peezy
                  J Peezy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You sir know your food. Both great places!

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Hello and welcome from north Texas. You’ll have fun on the Pit.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here