Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member In Dirty Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow me to provide a brief glimpse into your future...

After you've spent a little time here in the pit and have a few cooks under your belt, you'll start to suffer from what we refer to as MCS (More Cooker Syndrome). You'll want to supplement or upgrade the Dyna-Glo, especially once winter rolls around and you want something that'll handle the cold. As you build your collection, you'll start to get all kinds of silly questions like "Why do we need 4 grills?" You'll answer, "We don't have 4 grills. We have a smoker, a pellet cooker, one gas grill, and one charcoal grill. They're all different."

After you have the same conversation multiple times, you'll start to hear, "You have a problem and you need to stop buying grills!" You'll yell back, "I don't have a problem and even if I did it would be your brother's fault! Blame him! He bought me that first smoker knowing what it would lead to!" You'll storm out of the house to your outdoor cooking area, double wrap a probe-tender pork butt in foil and place it in a faux cambro, do a bend test on some ribs, pull your stalled brisket so you can cube it and throw it in a pan with some butter and sauce before putting it back on the smoker for some burnt ends, spatchcock a few birds to hang in the PBC, then sit down and crack open a cold beer, light a cigar, and think to yourself, "When she sees how delicious this 25 pounds of meat is that I cooked just for the two of us, she'll realize that I don't have a problem."

Good luck!

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!
      Congratulations on both the big events coming in your near future.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
        Cheers from Norway

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here