Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from SouthEastern, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from SouthEastern, PA

Hello Everyone, nice to meet you all. Fairly new to smoking meat and such, but can't get enough it. Look forward to learning and sharing with everyone. I do have a question on brine/curing brisket for Pastrami from scratch if anyone has done that before.

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

My question if I am brine/curing a brisket for pastrami, can I cure it with the flat and point together, and is there a maximum amount of time that I can let the brisket set in the cure as long as I have the amount of pink curing salt #1 correct? I have a 9lbs trimmed brisket, thinking that I can do 1 gallon of water, 2 tsp of pink curing salt #1 and let it sit for 6 to 12 days. That is what I have put together in my research, but everyone's post is different, so just need some direction. Thank you everyone.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Check out https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-katzs-recipe/ and then go ahead and ask your pastrami questions as it is a favorite cook for many members.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Yes, go to the free side for lots of good information!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Alan. You’ve come to the right place. No personal pastrami experience myself, but there’s many here who do....and will be more than happy to help you. Sit back and prepare yourself to hear from many outstanding cooks here. And, as has been mentioned, there’s lots of info. on the free side. Enjoy, you’ll have fun here.
              Last edited by Panhead John; April 21, 2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with an from ya!

Comment

Yup, there’s plenty of info on pastrami, browse & ask. Welcome, eat good & have fun!
                  We would like to see pics of yer pastrami when yer doin & finishing.

Comment

• Alan Pendlebury
                    Alan Pendlebury commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello, I finished the pastrami, and have some pics, where do I put those up? Should they go in the a new chat or on the page for pastrami recipe?
                    Thank you

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Alan, you can post them on Show Us What You’re Cooking or the Recipes page. If you do post them on the recipes page, just make sure it’s an actual recipe with ingredients, cook times and step by step instructions. The suggestions for posting a recipe are all on the recipes page. Good questions you asked, and can’t wait to see your pics!

Howdy from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Northern California!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here