Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to clean a grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to clean a grill?

Saw this at the local store: it's the Cuisinart Grill Brush

Click image for larger version

Name:	44284675.jpg?size=pdhi.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1179826
    • The Grill Renew Brush uses steam to give your grill a deep and effective cleaning
    • Simply use the wet brush on a warm grill to create deep cleaning steam
    • Silicone cleaning head is wrapped in a super durable, heat-resistant aramid fiber fabric
    The concept is that you put the wet brush head (dipped in a bowl of nearby water) onto the hot grill, and the steam created will help clean your grates.

Conceptually, it's probably okay.

Here's the official description from the Cuisinart website. Is it us, or does something seem a bit.... strange? .... with what's listed? Anything jump out at you as odd or unusual?

Give your grill the deep steam cleaning it needs with the Cuisinart Grill Renew Steam Cleaner Brush! Cleaning with steam is the quickest and most effective way to clean your dirty grill grates. The cleaning head is constructed of silicone and wrapped in a super durable, heat resistant aramid fiber fabric. Dunk the cleaning head into water, ensuring it is completely soaked, and begin scrubbing your pre-heated grill surface. The heat from the grill will combine with the water on the brush head to create steam and give your grill grates a true deep cleaning. The hard silicone head, along with the arched handle design and center knob grip, allow for maximum leverage while cleaning tough messes. The square shape of the cleaning head makes the sides of the head ideal for cleaning in between grill grates. The cleaning head is detachable from the handle and can be placed in the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning. The Grill Renew Brush is a safe and effective alternative to steel wire bristle brushes.

Well, they stole the idea from Grill Rescue https://grillrescue.com/
    I've been using the Grill Rescue since Christmas and its been working great. I know others on here have used it as well.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      who stole their idea from Grill Daddy, but added the firehose sponge.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Who stole it from me.

I often give this advice. Your regular wire brush can simply be dipped in water and used to steam clean a hot grill. It works like magic and the heat of the grill dries the brush so you can put it away for next time.

Comment

So far -- nobody's picked up the one thing we felt was odd about the description. Keep trying....

Comment

The cleaning head is detachable from the handle and can be placed in the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning.

I have a feeling that if I clean my grill with that, and then put it in the dishwasher, we'd be looking at a divorce...

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I would never do that.

• WillTravelForFood
        WillTravelForFood commented
        Editing a comment
        *ding ding ding ding*

WE HAVE A WINNER

*ding ding ding ding*

whew, glad we're not the only one who thought that was a wacky selling point.

• Dan Deter
        Dan Deter commented
        Editing a comment
        I've done that with my Grill Rescue, but nothing else in the dishwasher.

I have a grill brush with a hollow handle for water. The head has an adjustable head to allow water to flow to the bristles. Works great.

Comment

I have run my Grill Rescue brush head in the dishwasher multiple times with no issues.

Comment

As have I and had no issues either.

Comment

A chore boy dipped in water and held by tongs works too.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              It's not rocket science. But people can spend their money as they wish.

so it's okay to put a dirty grill brush in the dishwasher, but not the dirty grates themselves? Just checking...

Comment

Do any of you use these steam cleaning brushes to clean the lid and firebox or are you just using them on the grates? Are they effective on the firebox?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here