Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ooni koda pizza oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooni koda pizza oven

This one looks like a winner.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Attjack; March 19, 2019, 04:07 PM.

looks good

Comment

20 pounds. 20 minutes to preheat. 900f. Looks nice too.

Comment

Nice ,Looks like it doesn`t take a lot of room up .

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          And its lightweight. The last generation was bigger considering the chimney.

I've only used it a handful of times, but I REALLY like my OONI pro....im sure this one is top notch as well.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotta say I enjoy propane with my Blackstone pizza oven. Fast and easy.

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Xaugie, how long have you been usin it? Cuz I thought you sucked at pizza.

• xaugievike
          xaugievike commented
          Editing a comment
          I stopped sucking around Christmas!

That looks cool - er - hot.

Comment

MCS Ooni GAS Ooni MCS

Comment

"Included peel doesn't have a handle"... say what now?

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah it's just a sheet of metal. Very odd.

Just saw this at The HPBExpo last week. Sure looks cool. We will get our hands on it soon.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

MCS just struck again. Had one in the cart and ready to buy but realized I’m on a diet as of Sunday last and pizza ain’t on the menu. They say stocks are low and they will soon be taking pre-order for May; so if you get one of the last remaining ones in stock, your welcome. 🙂

Comment

• Polarbear777
                  Polarbear777 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I also fear that the aqusition of this lightweight device would end up making us much less lightweight.

I really like these ovens! So Cool.

Has anyone cooked a steak on a cast iron pan, in one of these? That would be killer.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll see what I can do. It's a quick process.

• JakeT
                  JakeT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There's a video of Matty Matheson doing just that on youtube...funny as well!

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  His videos are always funny. LOL. JakeT

Ordered one this evening. After a bunch of searching I finally found a 10% off coupon that worked...not sure when it expires: FRIEND-NT73RRZ I'll let you guys know how it turns out! I ordered a pizza peel and cheap infrared thermometer off Amazon...their branded ones were ridiculously overpriced.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Enjoy, and let us know your experiences with it.

Should be showing up tomorrow...didn't realize they are in NJ. I'm just a few hours away in PA. I'll probably break it in this weekend! Think I still have propane left...I'll have to check...I only use it for my burner when I home brew beer.

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion. What your dough, sauce, and cheese strategy?

Attjack I'd have to ask my wife. My friend has done pizza parties at his house where a bunch of us make pizzas on his Big Green Egg. He gets dough balls from the local grocery store and they turn out great, so I'll probably grab some of those. My wife is gluten-free, so she usually makes her own dough when we go to my friend's house, but I'm not quite sure what flour she uses. I've tried hers and it's hard to really tell a difference in my opinion.

We lived in northern Italy for 4 years when I was in the Air Force which basically ruined American pizza (and most Italian food) for me. I like that Italian style, thin with light cheese and simple toppings.

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I buy dough from the market a lot of times too and it's good dough. For sauce I use a 28oz can if San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes and add it to a blender with 1.5 teaspoons of koshet salt and blend it just enough to incorporate the salt. Simple but hard to beat imo.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here