Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS - Nemesis edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS - Nemesis edition

Phase 1 of me conquering my cooking nemesis (Pizza) was reading Ken Forkish's book "The Elements of Pizza."

Phase 2 arrived today.
    Attached Files

Phase 3. PIZZA!

Comment

Don't overlook its other uses with a cast iron vessel inside! Enjoy!

Comment

I was just looking over at ATBBQ. He was just doing a video today of the new gas burner adapter for this thing that they just came out with.

Comment

• xaugievike
          xaugievike commented
          Editing a comment
          I've read a lot of positive comments regarding the gas adapter for these. I've also read some less-flattering reviews of the pellet attachment....but nobody seems to use the charcoal/chunk burner that just comes with it. Thats where I intend to start.

Click image for larger version

Name:	17FF488E-D8B4-43C5-8AEB-644D671273EF.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	614664

Comment

Lookin' forward to the photos.

Comment

My Ooni rocks and I love the gas attachment, it is like Chef Tom describes in his ATTB video above. As EdF said above it's not just for pizza. I use cast iron in it all the time. By the way the charcoal/wood burner works really well and I think it looks cooler than the others but definitely not as convenient as the gas burner. Enjoy your new oven. xaugievike we do like pics and look forward to them.

Comment

• xaugievike
              xaugievike commented
              Editing a comment
              have a few days off here - hopefully I can do a test fire or 2 and maybe give my first pies a whack.

Very cool! These things are cool! Let us know how you like it.

Comment

I have one of the older UUNI pizza ovens that only uses pellets. Does a great job, but be forewarned - pizza cook FAST in these. 60 - 90 seconds. Burned my first pizza because I didn't turn it often enough.

Comment

Burn-off and test-fire today. It was pretty windy - obviously for a 1st fire I've still got a learning curve. The onboard charcoal basket holds more than one small weber chimney's worth of KBB, I had to add a 2nd chimney to it and let that catch before the temps got north of 500....definitely noticed I have to add wood chunks to get them to flame up and really get the temp up, but I was able to get the stones in the 800- 850 range fairly consistently (with a peak of 900) after about 90 minutes - I slowly added fuel just to keep it under some control. the dome temp around 900-950 fairly consistently also, as long as there was an active flame. Surprisingly the door thermo on the glass-door was in pretty close agreement to my IR gun at least compared to the stones. Im guesstimating that a calmer day will get me some slightly higher temps. Overall though, I was able to fairly easily make the temp rise (with fuel addition) and keep it fairly steady. Tomorrow I make my first dough....
                Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here