Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ooni is close to announcing something new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooni is close to announcing something new

https://manage.kmail-lists.com/subsc...3WP2&r=VKNGMkw

I posted about this pending announcement at pizzamaking.com and someone found the following:

https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showf...805:it4qh6.2.1
    Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm - Volt would seem to indicate electric, but the file sez gas.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like they are describing a multi-fuel oven including electric.

Some of the screenshots of the teaser video look like it might be an electric oven, but they obviously don't show enough to be certain of anything...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 7.19.12 PM.png
Views:	390
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1378739 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 7.19.21 PM.png
Views:	391
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1378740

Comment

Okay, with the newest teaser video that came out today, I'm officially stumped. The open flame threw me off. Perhaps it is a gas oven with electric ignition and/or temperature control? Or possibly a gas oven with an electric heating element under the stone?

2,259 Likes, 178 Comments - Ooni (@oonihq) on Instagram: "You won’t want to miss this. Tune in on March 2nd for the big reveal at the link in bio. . #Oon..."

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 3.50.47 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	472.9 KB ID:	1381305
        Last edited by NumbWhistle; February 21, 2023, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm guessing it's multi-fuel like their other offerings but now with electric.

So they announced an electric oven and a new multi-fuel oven. I also think these prep and proof tubs look cool. They remind me of when I worked in a pizza place in California.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pT9CCSd.png Views:	0 Size:	330.9 KB ID:	1385720
        Click image for larger version  Name:	8NJfsYZ.png Views:	0 Size:	193.8 KB ID:	1385722

Click image for larger version  Name:	O8bpaQ2.png Views:	0 Size:	546.8 KB ID:	1385721
        Last edited by Attjack; March 2, 2023, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I just received my Ooni Volt last night. I'm looking forward to breaking it in this weekend. If it can do what it claims, it could be a game changer for those of us in northern inclement weather. As I think I had mentioned elsewhere on here, I don't mind freezing when I cook outside in December, but when the ingredients freeze, it makes it much, much harder to have successful pies.

Comment

• Smoking77
            Smoking77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking forward to hearing your review!

Had my inaugural bake in the Volt this evening. I have a lot to learn about this oven. I rushed the preheat, and then chased top color and consistent bottom browning. Issues were definitely user error, and the oven seemed to work as advertised. Overall it appears to be an impressive piece of kit.
          Attached Files

Comment

$999.00 for this on their website! OMG.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here