Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstone releases a new pizza oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstone releases a new pizza oven

Plot twist: It's an add-on to the 22" griddle

Click image for larger version

Name:	3d705dfb-7dcf-47c1-8954-31167bb5286c.9a3bda68cbe902a8d6d2d898f0238c09.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1213462
    Imitate a classic brick oven with the Blackstone Outdoor Pizza Oven Conversion Add On. Convert any standard 22” Blackstone tabletop griddle into a fully functioning pizza oven. Two pizza stones result in faster cooking times, and authentic crispy-crust pizzas. Large, industrial handles with heat-resistant grips make this pizza oven add on practical and portable. Trap in heat of up to 700+ degrees Fahrenheit with the sliding door while smoke filters through the vents on top of the oven. Get outdoors and bake a fresh pizza to share with your family and friends. Sometimes pizzas can bake in as little as 2.5 minutes! If you are a pizza lover, you need to experience how pizza was meant to be baked with this ingenious pizza oven converter.
    • Blackstone Steel Outdoor Pizza Oven Add On – Fits 22” Tabletop Models
    • Convert any standard Blackstone 22” Tabletop Griddle into a pizza oven
    • Cook up to a 15” pizza
    • Patented 2-stone technology
    • Large cordierite pizza stones (1 round and 1 rectangle)
    • Durable handles with heat-resistant grips
    • Portable (weighs 50 lbs.)
    • Heat retaining front door
    • Some pizzas can bake in as little as 2.5 minutes
    • Built in thermometer
    • Must convert fuel to 20 lb. propane tank to use (Sold separately)
    • Model

$220

Comment

Thanks. You started a fight. My son’s birthday isn’t until September but I want to get it for him NOW. My wife (who is right) says I have to wait. He is moving this summer. But…he loves cooking pizzas and I just want to!

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        tbob4 Their Instagram says "limited quantities".

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know about the limited quantities. As soon as you posted this I have been exited. I swear I’m like a kid with MCS sometimes. It is why I have to defer to my wife’s good judgement (I was taught judgment has an e - apparently I’m using the Queen’s English).

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I know you are because I've seen your outdoor kitchen.

I first read this as "It's an add-on to the 22" kettle" and I stared at the pic for a sec and struggled to comprehend. I blame the 2 Old Fashioneds.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I was tempted to buy the 22" griddle last time I posted it here on sale. Had I done that the temptation to buy this add on would have been perhaps unbearable? But they would both live at the cabin where I have GrillGrates and a pizza attachment for a kettle. Time will tell.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought you already had a Blackstone actual pizza oven?

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            jfmorris I do in Oregon but not in California.

Hmm... I have a 22” griddle I had purchased this past year for the camper. 🤔

Comment

• Draznnl
            Draznnl commented
            Editing a comment
            You would be the queen of the campground with your pizza oven.

If I didn't already have the double pizza oven by camp chef (the italia) id have it on the way.

Comment

• Mister C
            Mister C commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I've got a camp chef double as well, the one that fits on the explorer 3x (I think it's the PZ60). Doesn't get nearly as hot as some others - this one is more a 550-600 degree thing rather than the 900+ guys out there. A few lessons on pizza dough formulation though and it was cranking out some lovely pies.

Speaking of which, if anyone is looking for a great non-Neopolitan style pizza dough, this one came up aces:

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Mister C Brian Lagerstrom produces some good videos.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Mister C mine gets way over the 750° limit of my IR Gun.

My thought is that this new oven doesn't get as hot, doesn't give you char, and I would miss the spinning feature of the original.

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            That italia with both burners on high gets STUPID hot

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            It looks nice too.

Scratch, scratch, itch, itch...Damn MCS is spreading and my "nope, not me, nosiree, nope, not going to do it" medicine seems to be barely helping....

Interesting that the pics show the 1# propane bottle, but it explicitly states needs a 20# tank (not an issue really). Also, the dome thermometer goes to 1300* F/700* C, but the description says 700*+ F. No telling what the actual temp will be. And, of course, no wood involved that I can discern, so no "wood fired" flavor if that is important.

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw the tank size disclaimer, too. It made me chuckle

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Wood flavor on a 2.5 minute pizza cook is a myth.

My original Blackstone pizza stone gets to 900 but the dome thermometer does not read at 900.

My experience with add on pizza ovens is that the top heat is terrible. Maybe they got it figured out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here