Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New "Pi" Pizza Oven from Solo Stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New "Pi" Pizza Oven from Solo Stove

New- the "Pi", from the makers of the Solo Stove. If you're unfamiliar, the Solo Stove is a unique fire pit that uses a special inner airflow chamber for a secondary burn to help it become smokeless. They seem to be quite popular as far as portable fire pits go. There are imitators too. Anyway, they now have a pizza oven, the Pi.

Wood fired or a propane add-on. Link: https://www.solostove.com/pi-pizza-oven/

Click image for larger version  Name:	solostovepi.png Views:	0 Size:	371.5 KB ID:	1189686 Click image for larger version  Name:	solostovepi2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	226.0 KB ID:	1189687

Huskee the link works but it is broken up in your post. I'm guessing, from the link, that you clicked through to this from a CNN Digital article. :-)

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. I fixed it

Looks interesting, but we enjoy "Take 'n Bake" smoked in the Traeger.
    If we were to get one of those, do you know what it will do to our "Pizza Bliss"?

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Well it's a different world than take & bakes in a pellet cooker. Not sure a take & bake would work in them too well because they are VERY hot, designed to cook a raw pizza in a minute or so. If it did work it'd be even less smoky than what you're used to, but a pizza oven really deserves a full-on homemade pie.

Looks like a nice design. Looking forward to reviews.

Comment

LOL. They emailed me this yesterday but I didn’t really open it up too much and I thought it was just an attachment to a current solo stove. I was a little curious as to how that would work so thank you for posting this. If I didn’t already own my Ooni I’d consider this.

Comment

Its pretty but I think I would be concerned about second and third lunch : "Once the ash pan is full, the pizza party is over". Looks like it gets about three hours of burn time with wood.

Comment

I have an Ooni Koda and this one looks intriguing as well. The convection they claim would be interesting. On the Ooni it seems there are always issues getting the bottom crust, outside crust, and the top of the pizza all done properly so maybe the convection would help?

Comment

I read about it this morning. It looks nice and can use propane (which is the way to go IMO).

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree. Propane for convenience so you can focus your energy on the ingredients and the pizzas' construction and not fire building. Wood for those times when you want to connect with your inner homesteader.

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee Yeah, and when your pizza cooks in 2 or 3 minutes you will not be getting any wood flavor. I think people associate the deliciousness of the pizzas that they eat from a wood-fired oven as being connected to the heat source but it's not.
              Last edited by Attjack; March 15, 2022, 02:31 PM.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Totally agree. In today's world I think the wood in a wood-fired oven is just for mood and tradition, not the food.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here