Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket in the KBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket in the KBQ

New to the forum, but I've had my KBQ for about 8 months. Thought I'd contribute something. Any KBQ mods people are making to this fine machine? Personally, I'm trying to find half sized racks which will make for easier cleanup. The included ones end up soaking in the bathtub at the end of a cook, and I'd prefer something that'll fit in my kitchen sink.
    Attached Files

Delicious, tender, an juicy lookin brisky ya got there, Amigo!

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to more from ya!

Rest assured, there'll be a whole lotsa KBQ folks along, here directly, that'll steer ya in th Right Directions...

Comment

Hotel pans can be found here. BBQ_Bill sells a door kit, it has handles that keep the door up off the ground so juice and grease falls back into the cook box. He also has a door hinge kit, basically a tube that allows you to take the door off for cleaning. I highly recommend both.

Comment

• ST520
        ST520 commented
        Editing a comment
        The door tube coupler is what brought me to the forum. Did a search for mods and saw that nifty piece of ingenuity. I'm hoping I can get one from Bill.

Current setup I'm using is a 1.5" deep full size hotel pan which fits in the second to lowest rack slot. Also using a switch https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to toggle the machine on/off easily.

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        ST520 There have been a couple of switch ideas kicked about. I think Bill has found something that works for him. PM Bill for the door kit, it's very modestly priced and worth every penny.

• BBQ_Bill
        BBQ_Bill commented
        Editing a comment
        Howdy and welcome to The Pit ST520.
        Just Private Message me with your mailing address.
        -
        A complete door kit is $16 if memory serves me correctly, but if all you want is the tube, it isn't much and weighs very little, so I will just put it into a tear-resistant envelope and mail it to you at no charge.

Thank you, Bones. Smoking out of North Texas here. I usually frequent the BBQ Brethren, but there aren't many active KBQ posters there. Here's another pic of some ribs on the KBQ...
      Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to have ya here!

When I git to th end of this job, few years down th road, I'll be back down in NE TX, most likely somewhere southa Paris, northa Tyler, not too far E/W of 271, I reckon!

Tasty lookin ribs, btw!

Welcome to The Pit. That's a good lookin' brisket.

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. That is some good looking meat you have cooked there.

Comment

Welcome! Beautiful pics!

Comment

• BBQ_Bill
            BBQ_Bill commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed!
            Those ribs are incredible looking!

Originally posted by ST520 View Post
          New to the forum, but I've had my KBQ for about 8 months. Thought I'd contribute something. Any KBQ mods people are making to this fine machine? Personally, I'm trying to find half sized racks which will make for easier cleanup. The included ones end up soaking in the bathtub at the end of a cook, and I'd prefer something that'll fit in my kitchen sink.
          I usually pressure wash mine.

Comment

ST520 Check this out for cleaning your racks, no soaking needed.

Comment

• ST520
              ST520 commented
              Editing a comment
              Funny you mention this. I actually already own one for cleaning my Lodge CI pans. I never even thought to use it on the grates. I'll give it a shot. Do you need to use it on still-hot grates for it to work effectively?

• ComfortablyNumb
              ComfortablyNumb commented
              Editing a comment
              ST520 No, I'm eating while the grates are hot! I run it over just before a cook. I suppose while they are still warm the Ringer and some soapy water would have them sparkling,

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! Tasty looking meat! I would eat both!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. Great brisket

Comment

That's some fine looking que there my friend. Welcome to the Pit !!!

Comment

Very good looking Que! Doesn't everybody just apply Easy Off to their racks and haul them to the local car wash to hose them down?

Comment

• ST520
                      ST520 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm getting more and more comfortable with the Easy-Off telling myself it isn't very toxic. Haven't worked up the nerve to use it on stuff that will actually contact the food. Probably overthinking this.

I don't even bother cleaning the actual KBQ interior other than the grates.

Forgot to mention, nice cutting board!

Comment

• ST520
                      ST520 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      A gift from the wife. Glad she supports my addiction!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here