Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First KBQ Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First KBQ Cook

I just wanted to thank all the KBQ experts on here for convincing me that this was the stickburner for a dedicated pellet head.

The advice in the KBQ mega thread proved invaluable for my first cook. However, I really should have heeded the advice on how quickly things cook when the ambient temperature is low. Temp was in the mid single digits Celsius and my inaugural rack of St. Louis's finished up in under 3 hours with the KBQ running around 260F. (I think that might be a Canadian quirk, weather temp in C cook temp in F!) Never would have guessed that ahead of time

Some pics

Thanks again.
    Last edited by FattyMac; December 8, 2016, 03:34 PM.

So clean and shiny! I think Bill (the Karubecue guy) should offer a Celsius knob as an option.

Nice looking cook. My KBQ has become my sole ribs machine since they cook so much quicker than on my other grills.

Comment

I cant see the pictures but it's probably cause I am at work. Congrats on a successful first cook!! glad everything worked out ok!!

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm at home on my desktop and can't see them either.

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too :-(

• Histrix
        Histrix commented
        Editing a comment
        Weird. I see them fine. Wonder wassup with that?

Just checking, but you know that the dial numbers are not accurate at all (they are not claimed to be). They could just as well be 1-10. I've seen the temp in the cookbox be at 250 F with the dial set at around 180, for example. I use an internal probe to measure the temp, and pretty much ignore the numbers on the dial.

Welcome to the KBQ club! The KBQ is truly a pleasure to use.

Comment

I'm on my desktop, too. Photos not there, just blue question marks. I'm hungry so it might be a blessing i can't see them.

Comment

No pics but welcome to the Pit
          Last edited by DWCowles; December 7, 2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Great to hear the first cook went well!

It just takes a cool or two to get used to cooking in the cold on the KBQ. I'm in Minnesota, so I suppose we are on about the same playing field. Once temps drop below freezing, it really cooks fast! I remember doing a 15 lb Brisket when it was in the single digits(F) and it finished in under 6 hours!

Congrats on on the first cook!

Comment

FattyMac welcome! I too can't see any pics. Here's our picture posting tips page if you need it. We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute. Thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here