Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ Pit has been ordered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KBQ Pit has been ordered...

Decided today on the KBQ pit, and she should be headed for open water in about a week !! Be busy cuttin more Kiawe anticipating her arrival !!

Hell Yeah !!!! Your gonna love it man. Welcome to the Brotherhood. Where are you located? More importantly, what kind of wood are going to be burning? Check out our thread, if you haven't already. There is a lot of great information here as well as great discussions between owners and perspective buyers and the rest of the folk in the Pit.

Congrats on your purchase!!

Comment

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You !! I'm on the Big Rock (Ka Lae in Ka'u District). Will be using Kiawe that we cut below our place. Thanks for the link I go check em out !!

Dale Case
    Right on. Never been to Polynesia. What did Bill say about how long it would take to get too you. Also what does that tree look like that you are using for fuel? Whats the flavor profile consist of?

I was in Belize a few years back and this guy had a small BBQ shack; he was using coconut husks as a fuel source.. Have you ever considered using them? I tried his BBQ and it wasn't bad.

Comment

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      Lead time >1 week. Shipping is usually only 2-3 days as it has to come by air. Kiawe is a species of mesquite and has a sweet smoke. Never tried coconuts !!

Congrats Dale Case!

Comment

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks !

You will love it!

Comment

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't wait to get her fired up !!

Scrappy trees. Watch to for those thorns, they looks nasty.

Comment

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ya, they come thru your slippa's and right up in the foot like it's butta !! We get plenty that's huge, they been here for a long time. Had a fire about 7 years ago and gave us plenty to cut

Enjoy Dale Case ! Next year I'm getting one too.

Comment

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ed !! Once I get her going I will post some pics and comparisons to my other smoking methods. I have high hopes for this new girl !!

Congrats on the new pit! Made the best smoked chicken ever in the KBQ this past weekend.

Comment

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Carol ! We have some yard birds need to visit the stainless sauna so that will work out good ! Hahaha

Enjoy dude! You made a great choice. Let us know if you have any questions once you get her fired up! make sure to get a full size pan to avoid a bunch of grease in the bottom!

Comment

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Man ! I appreciate all the tips and help and can't wait to get her going !! I use big tin foil pans costco carries as water/drip pans in my egg, hopefully those will be right size.

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      Those will work, i use the full size ones from costco, then i also use a couple tiny ones at the corners for the tiny bit that drips from the door etc.

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      Rojah that !! I will get both sizes next trip to Kona Town !! Thanks smokinfatties.

Got email this AM. Fedex picked up Miss Fancy Pants and bringing her home on 11/8 !!! YAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooh yeah - in time for Thanksgiving!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta name yer smoker, Miss Fancy Pants sounds like a good'un.

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      EdF Huskee Yes Sir !! Gonna be early Xmas Miss Fancy Pants does sound good, I believe she has her name !! Thanks guys.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here