Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ Cycle times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KBQ Cycle times

Question for fellow KBQ owners...

curious about cycle times you see on your KBQ between when the fan shuts off and turns back on again.

Currently got mine running between 219-235 with about 1 minute 10 seconds to 1 minute 15 seconds between when the fan shuts off and when it kicks back on.

Current temp out is 65 degrees with the KBQ in the shade. I live in Denver so weather is fairly dry.

Never actually timed mine but a minute or two seems about right. The temp swing is generally about 15°F above and below the set point I'm looking for.

That kind of swing may bother some folks that are expecting/used to a cooker to hold a rock steady temp but as the saying goes - it all averages out.

65 in the shade eh? So jealous. This past week has been in the mid 90's with humidity to match (eastern Virginia). Last thing on my mind is to go outside and stoke the fire on my KBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit maa180! I can't help you there, but there are many great folks here who can soon enough. We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...troductions-aa

Comment

Yeah first nice day we have had in a while. Been a hot summer for Denver standards. Fall is right around the corner.

Comment

Welcome maa180

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Sounds like you're in the Denver area, too ...

Comment

No idea, I have never timed mine. I think it depends to much on the weather at the current time. When its cold AF outside mine runs pretty much all the time. In the summer its much more intermittent.

Comment

+1 to spinaker- i think it depends on a lot of different variables, i have never tested it. It also depends where you have the temperature setting at

Comment

Outside temperature definitely affects mine, and also depends on how well the tray is covered with embers. Any wide-open holes in the tray cause the fan to run more.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here