Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what a 3 year old KBQ C-60 looks like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greygoose
    replied
    Welcome,,,,
    Ur off to a great start !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    My wife is a Filipina from Pangasinan and been to the Phils. It sounds like you're doing well for yourself, congrats on your culinary journey thus far, very impressive. One thing that's been eluded to that may end up being a challenge for you is sourcing good smoking wood in the Phils. It sounds from your previous response that you have a source for oak and apple so you're fortunate. I know several others I've talked to (albeit in the provinces) have had to resort to mango and guava as fruitwoods of choice.

At any rate, I too look forward to what a trained chef can produce using your skills and lessons learned about smoking. Welcome !! (or should I say kamusta ka )

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Pepper
    commented on 's reply
    And, I've watched grainy video of Panhead John watching Rachel Ray.
    (ps Welcome from Seattle!)

• RickyG
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

lostclusters the fruita order was just so I’d have a baseline to compare to. That was ordered at the same time as the KBQ. I can get oak and applewood and other fruit woods locally. I ordered another 100 lbs and will be checking moisture content. I’m in Metro Manila.

Leave a comment:

• lostclusters
    replied
    RickyG You are going to have 2 challenging issues. Sourcing local hard wood and keeping it dry enough. As far as the wood goes, any fruit or nut wood will do. Buying wood from Fruita is going to get expensive fast. The KBQ uses a lot of wood. I would suggest a series of test cooks to dail in the KBQ to the smoke profile (taste) you want with judicial use of the top poppet. Do not try to ration your wood too much and compromise your coal bed. What area of PI are in. I was there many year ago.

Welcome to The Pit.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Welcome from the California Delta.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Welcome! I look forward to seeing your cooks and cooking area. Make sure to post up some pictures of your maiden voyage with the KBQ.

Let us know if you have any questions or anything, you are gonna love it!

Thank you for the support!

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Hello from NW Oregon,
    Have not used it in 3 years, rename it with a pet name. One close to your heart.
    Happy smoking to you and BBQ too.

Leave a comment:

• Pobeque
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit from another FCI alum!

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    replied
    " Sometime in the early 2000s I took a sabbatical and moved to New York to go to the French Culinary Institute. Graduated at the top of my class and eventually got a job working for Chris Gesualdi at Montrachet. "Quote”

I’ve watched the Rachel Ray cooking show before! 🙄. Welcome to The Pit! Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks.
    Last edited by Panhead John; June 2, 2021, 06:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Deter
    replied
    Well that was one of the more eye catching intros I've seen... Welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Leave a comment:

• mcook2201
    replied
    Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Looks like new. Welcome from Virginia!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here