Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building a new pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	smiling-face-with-heart-eyes.png
Views:	209
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	902830

Kathryn

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Right back at ya. 😂😂😂

So, after some testing I decided it wasn't good. After some mods I got it to breathe right, but the temp differences between lower and upper grate was too large, so I decided to cut the main pipe off, so I could drop the firebox down. Now it will flow better, and I can direct air flow with the water pan. The stack is too long, but I'm gonna experiment with el cheapo pipes until I find the right length. It's all welded up now, so not much left. Theory is good, but real world tests are gold.

I added some clear coat on the wooden handles, put my logo on the door et.c.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4545.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	320.6 KB
ID:	903373

Comment

So close! That’s so cool, Henrik!

Comment

A very cool prototype, as well as a work of Industrial Art, Brother Hank!

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, Bones!

Very nice Henrik. I see several similarities between LSG and Ahumadora ‘s pits. And definitely a notch of your own.

Comment

I was wondering how that firebox was going to flow on the same level as the cook chamber. Looked like the heat and smoke would collect up top and smother the fire while it was looking for a place to go. A nice FLIR camera would let you see your hotspots and make adjustments. Just so happens I know a guy...

Jon

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here