Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lockdown Loctite and Stripdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lockdown Loctite and Stripdown

Day four of lockdown and finding things to do isn't difficult.
    After learning we're going on lockdown last week we planned on throwing a cement slab in the driveway between the carport and the entrance gate. Well only one half has been completed due to a miss calculation in the amount of cement needed and with only being allowed to buy essential goods we're stuck for now.

My kettle has been showing signs of needing some TLC and I got down to remedying that.
    The lockdown afforded the time. The loctite multi spray to help remove rusty nuts and bolts.
    The multi spray wasn't helpful in the stripdown of the lid handle and vent plate nuts and bolts. They needed the persuasion of an angle grinder.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200330_143521.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.58 MB ID:	823123

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200330_181336.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	823126Click image for larger version

Name:	20200330_181336.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	823127

The time spent cleaning and replacing nuts and bolts had me reminiscing on how much I love my kettles.

This is what I use to clean my cooking grates.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200330_181838.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	823124

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200330_181847.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	823125

The hollow section of the handle (groove) I use to scrape excess fats by running it up and down the grate steel rods and then brush for final clean with hot soapy water. A little elbow grease needed but works well for me.

Next I'll be removing my gas flattop the 2 chip fryers and bain-marie from my wagon for a strip and service and my homebuilt gas verticle smoker for a good scrubbing.
    Last edited by holehogg; March 30, 2020, 02:59 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here