Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber kettle cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber kettle cart

Inaugural cook on newly finished bbq cart. Just part of a spare rib rack for my wife and I.
    Wanted to season it before more serious endeavors. Used my slow n sear. Note the 110*
    difference between the Weber lid thermometer and the Mv X-ray 50.
    Attached Files

That's a great lookin' cart. What size engine did you put in it and what's the time on a 1/4 mile?

Comment

Really nice job on that cart, going to get started on that project for my kettle when it gets warmer here.
      RonB looks like it could be a small block Chevy probably a 383 stroker. With those smaller wheels wouldn't be a good quarter.

Comment

• drobinson
        drobinson commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s not perfect , but the #1 cypress is the wood to use for an outdoor piece. I have ordered a custom cover from Coverstore that measures
        80”x46”x30” because I want it protected during our rainy season here in Florida. The storage space allows me to get my accessories such as the rotisserie out of the garage. All in all I think it will do the job and look
        good doing it.

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        10-4 I was going to go with redwood or cedar as mine will sit outside all winter in the snow. I've never seen cypress in this neck of the woods but I've never looked for it either.
        I was going to pass on the storage space but you make a good point, my garage is a junk yard at the best of times. Covers a great idea too but gotta build it first.

Nice work , man! That is a work of art.

Comment

Great looking cart. When do you start taking orders or at least selling plans ? And 22 or 26 ?

Really nice looking work.

Comment

• drobinson
          drobinson commented
          Editing a comment
          22”

Sweet looking cart. Did you use an existing woodworking plan or create your own?

Comment

• drobinson
          drobinson commented
          Editing a comment
          Own plans

• RustyHaines
          RustyHaines commented
          Editing a comment
          Own plans until you sell them to only your brethren at AR? :-)

That looks fantastic!

Comment

• drobinson
          drobinson commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you

Beautiful work! Are you on a screened in patio or just covered?

Comment

• drobinson
          drobinson commented
          Editing a comment
          Screened in patio. We live in central Florida

Very nice!

Comment

• drobinson
          drobinson commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks.

It looks like you mounted the grill by bolting L brackets to the grill? Correct? Stainless Steel?

Comment

• drobinson
          drobinson commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, zinc corner braces attached using screws. Considered attaching the braces under the cart's top but thought that the weight of the kettle might loosen them over time. Prefer to have the kettle braced from the top.

Really Nice Job, an I've seen a whole lotta others!!! Ya got me thinkin on makin one, now.
        Hopefully I can find a kettle...

Comment

• drobinson
          drobinson commented
          Editing a comment
          You will find one.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here