Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabricated a side table for my smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great addition Henrik! Beautiful piece of wood. You might of just doubled the weight of Rude Boy with that slab!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that was a good find! Dirt cheap too, for once. The weight has increased too, I'm glad I found a trailer with a heavy duty axle.

I come from wood fabrication and have just switched to steel. Wood has so many good qualities and looks far superior to steel expanded wire tables like I made for my custom rig. Since you live in the far north you may or may not have the same problem we do but just in case. UV light will fade this beautiful table top in about 6 months down here is south Texas so we have to cover it with a tarp or put many coats of spar varnish on top to stop the wood from bleaching to a grey white or any ultraviolet blocker. If you do not have UV issues I say use as much of this pretty stuff as you can otherwise you end up with a high maintenance project.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      You're spot on, Lock Stock and Barrel. UV light isn't that much of a problem here, but I remove it when not in use, so it won't be exposed to the elements anyway.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here