Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

250 gallon reverse flow build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

250 gallon reverse flow build

Another one of my projects I have going on
    Attached Files

Lookin' forward to more photos.

Comment

All right,another build!

Comment

Oh yes! This is going to be good.

Comment

Another project?! You aren't messing around.

Comment

Nice job on the hinges, looks like your're in the bbq business !!!!

Comment

It is hard to tell the length from the angle of the photos. The tank looks long. If the tank is really long it may not work well for a reverse flow. Too much friction as the smoke has double the distance to travel verses a standard flow. I am building a couple of pits at the moment with 230cm (90") between the tank heads (just the tube part) and am making them standard flow for that reason. Let me know if you have questions.

Comment

Originally posted by 6th Borough BBQ View Post
                Another project?! You aren't messing around.
                yep

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
                  Nice job on the hinges, looks like your're in the bbq business !!!!
                  no,,,i just love bbq and smoking

Comment

Originally posted by Ahumadora View Post
                    It is hard to tell the length from the angle of the photos. The tank looks long. If the tank is really long it may not work well for a reverse flow. Too much friction as the smoke has double the distance to travel verses a standard flow. I am building a couple of pits at the moment with 230cm (90") between the tank heads (just the tube part) and am making them standard flow for that reason. Let me know if you have questions.
                    the tank is 30x90 inches. firebox 30x27x29...if my calculation is right, this bad boy is going to be smokdup..
                    Last edited by Smokdup; March 6, 2018, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah man!

Comment

Hoping my neighbors don't call the fire department!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Mudkat
                          Mudkat commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ahh the burnout, one of the more fun parts of the build!

YEs!!!! Great project! I like the hinges! Nice handy work. That is some serious flammable too, brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
                          YEs!!!! Great project! I like the hinges! Nice handy work. That is some serious flammable too, brother!
                          i had to hose them back some, started to get really high....lol

Comment

Great stuff! Happy to have you here, we appreciate your support as well as your get-right-in involvement and sharing your great projects!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here