Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I fixed it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fixed it.

sick in tired of small wheels.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0883 (1).jpg
Views:	152
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	458176

Atta Boy! Looks like a great upgrade...

Comment

Yup, now you can roll on down the highway. Those are wheels!

Comment

Lookin' good. Where are you going to mount the engine.

Comment

Excellent choice!!

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Looks like a great upgrade, where to get The wheels you used?

Comment

• randy56
                randy56 commented
                Editing a comment
                a company called harbor freight, had about $75 in materials, the 4x4 angle had to get from metal supplier and had them cut it for me was $21.00 of the $75. back wheels were 10 inch, front swivel wheels were 8 inch, note : Raised the over all pit height 2.5 inches.
                What HP motor should I get?

• SMOG MAN
                SMOG MAN commented
                Editing a comment
                I can help you build whatever power plant you want, they say there is no substitute for cubic inches so I say as big as you can afford + 10%. so we can keep it normally aspirated we will keep it under or about 10-1/2 to 1 ratio. That’s an AWESOME UPGRADE!

Chevy 454 V8! Then it will be a gas grill.

Comment

I think you could get by with just a Minn Kota trolling motor. No need to go bigger that'd just be silly.

Comment

• JCGrill
                  JCGrill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  More power! Urgh urgh urgh.

That's awesome, and reminds me of my alma mater, which sadly no longer exists (got merged with another school by the regents of the University System of Georgia). Southern Tech had bathtub races - check it out on this video from the 80's:

Sadly the wimps that ran the campus decided it was too dangerous and stopped the practice in the mid 1990's.

I am just going to sleep now dreaming of BBQ pits with engines racing down the road....

Comment

Nice

Comment

Wintertires.. :-)

Comment

I with you on bigger tires!

Comment

Looks great! I too get real frustrated when you have to move a grill around on tiny tiny wheels. Even the smallest of pebbles blocks transportation.

Comment

SMOG MAN and JCGrill will this be sufficient randy56 ? Click image for larger version

Name:	E71510C0-4B33-49E7-94F6-EF01AA9F9E97.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	458331

Comment

• Mudkat
                            Mudkat commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Whoa! Do not let food and drink anywhere near that beauty! Steve B

• SMOG MAN
                            SMOG MAN commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That looks like my kind a fun!, looks "Done Well" from here.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here