Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easel for Smoker Grates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easel for Smoker Grates

I'm rigging this baby up to: 1. get rather proficient at welding, and 2. have something I can store my grates on and wash them on. I have one more section of angle iron to lay across the front, then some rebar bending and attachment.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221112_154140.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.80 MB ID:	1325671 Click image for larger version  Name:	20221112_161735.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.88 MB ID:	1325669 Click image for larger version  Name:	20221112_161744.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.85 MB ID:	1325670

Enjoy, looks like fun

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      It's bittersweet when you get towards the end of a project. You built something, but what to weld next??

Comment

Nice welding. Are you supposed to was the grates?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        I get aggravated by the gunk build up after large cooks. They are stainless so they deserve a little TLC.

After all the advise they sure are coming out very nicely Great job!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        I had one weld where the tip for some reason was more centered up rather than in the middle of the joint. Not sure whose fault that was.

I can dirt dobber enough to hold a pipe fence together.

Comment

Leg extensions helped bring it up some. First rebar welds. She is COMPLETE!! First welding project other than deer stand modifications back in the early 90's. First welding selfie w/ project.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221127_161753.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	1334991 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221127_164812.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	1334993 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221127_164824.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	368.3 KB
ID:	1334992 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221127_164840.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1334990

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Figured you'd have a Darth Vader one

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          texastweeter I have an all black that broke before I started the first weld on this thing. Darth Vader retired.

Nice!

Comment

This is a really cool project. Kudos on the great outcome.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            Almost great. I deliberately put the hinge under pressure for a week and got a couple small welds to break. I doubled up the thickness of one part of the weld and didn't compensate for that. Didn't think it through. At least it was a pretty break and I have something to look forward to to weld.

I bought my first welding helmet the other day... couple of grinders, some cutting and grinding wheels... I have a lot of work ahead of me. Learned the basics of a cutting torch yesterday, got to play a bit.

Learning curve is steep when you're as old as me. <sigh>

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here