Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House with Built-In Indoor Smoker for Sale in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House with Built-In Indoor Smoker for Sale in Houston

(For those who can get to it: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/lif...e-16821987.php)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 1.43.00 PM.png
Views:	274
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1168305

$415,000.

It is, unfortunately, not mentioned in the article what fuel is used, but as it is next to a fireplace, I assume wood-burning. The photos are a little unclear, but here they are. Curious design....it looks like there are four compartments, with one being quite large?

Name:	ratio3x2_1200.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1168303

Name:	ratio3x2_1200 (1).jpg
Views:	267
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1168304

Methinks that would be more tempting if the kitchen is a LOT bigger than what's on the other side of that half wall.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Tear down that bar and expand the kitchen to encompass the smoker then remove the fireplace and install a pizza oven.

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure exactly what's on the other side of that pony wall but it isn't the kitchen as is evident in the realtor.com photos (link in post #3).

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      laundry room pkadare

Found the address, kitchen is ok size but sheesh that's a small lot and small house for the money. And it has a shared driveway, yuck! The photoshop of grass in the front yard cracks me up though.

1034 W 43rd St, Houston, TX 77018

1034 W 43rd St, Houston, TX 77018 | realtor.com®
    Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; February 1, 2022, 02:22 PM.

Comment

At that price I'd be all over that property, properties in this area are double and in some cases 4 times that asking price.

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Oak Smoke Wouldn't take a lot to talk me into that now that I'm retired.
        Tie a Yeti fulla beer to my John Deere and cut grass all day.
        Lotsa Pecan for the smoker....I'll start packing in the morning....

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve been tempted to get my realtors license because of the beautiful homes that are available in the small towns throughout the Texas hill country. The cost of living in many of these small towns is far below the expectations of those who have not looked into them. We experienced a 30% drop in cost of living when we moved here. Yes we do have hot summer’s, but there’s nothing to remove from the driveway when it’s hot, just turn the thermostat down a couple of degrees. We love Texas!

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, you know we already have family in Dallas/Frisco so not such a stretch for us to do it.
        We tried to move down there in the late 80's with the family.
        Problem was then and is now residency and I wouldn't want to maintain two homes.
        One of those great dreams to have though.

There's a chance I'll build a house on the Oregon coast. It would be pretty amazing to have a wood-fired oven, a charcoal grill, or a smoker built-in. Although I might still choose to put the smoker outside in the outdoor kitchen.

Comment

Hey, a smoker with a house attached? Proper perspective my friends, MCS anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
          ... a smoker built-in. Although I might still choose to put the smoker outside in the outdoor kitchen.

Why not both?

I'm actually serious. Depending where on the coast, it might be windy, rainy etc and you could smoke inside if the outdoors was crappy. Nice day? Hang out in the sea air, smoke some ribs.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Because I don't mind the rain and it would be under cover. But realistically it would probably be an Airbnb for many years. I probably would not want random idiots playing with fire inside the house. So a marine-grade gas grill, a kamado, a high-powered burner, and a fish cleaning station would be far more likely to come to fruition.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            Attjack just build it in, then brick or wall it off so it's there when you move in down the road. Cheaper to build around it than it is to build it in later.

I cannot imagine having to have a roaring fire going in the kitchen in Houston (assuming that's the firebox and the smoke is being drawn into the compartments somehow). It's already about the most disgusting climate in the country (lived there 14 years in two stints so am not just speculating), so to add a huge heat source like that makes no sense to me!

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
            Michael_in_TX commented
            Editing a comment
            But the humidity is good for the skin.....

Your are not wrong. We've lived in this house for nineteen years. We've used the fireplace probably only 5-6 times. I'm almost scared to turn it on (gas fired) now due to all of the dust and disuse. We didn't even dare try to turn it on during the major freeze last year.

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            Man, here in NEPA I have a fire going almost every night from Thanksgiving through the end of February.

I am so glad I don’t live in or around a big city. Our house is 1250 sq. ft. with a full finished basement (We can’t consider it living space because it does not have an outside access from the basement) and our house is half that price.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here