Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstone Pro Series 3 28 inch griddle at WalMart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstone Pro Series 3 28 inch griddle at WalMart

I was ar my local WalMart recently and stumbled across a new Blackstone Pro Series griddle. It's apparently a WalMart exclusive. Unfortunately they didn't have one set up so I couldn't put my hands on it. Anyway, it looks like a solid griddle for $175. I'm curious if anyone has experience with this model. It's a 28 inch griddle with 3 burners, 2 side shelves, attached lid, and open storeage shelf, and paper towel holder. Ine shelf has several tool hooks and magnetic tool strip. I'm tempted at that price but was hoping to get opinions first. It is a Blackstone, but wanted to make sure it wasn't a cheaper build than their other griddles.

Thats a steal of a deal. I use mine camping and at home at least 3 days a week. Im going to buy this one just for home since my other doesnt have the lid. Thanks!

Comment

I doubt the quality is compromised. A lot of retailers want exclusivity in order to carry a product line. WM is a huge retailer and manufacturers will compromise to get into their store. So although you can get Blackstone griddles just about anywhere, you can only get certain ones at WM. You can't even purchase them direct from Blackstone. This arrangement gets Blackstone in WM, and WM gets an exclusive line.

Comment

I went to one Wally World this morning and they didn't have it in stock, even through the website (And their App) said they had one. I may take a trip over to another Wal-Mart that has them in stock (Probably should call first).

From what I read online the Pro Series 28" 3 burner griddle has a deeper griddle giving it more square inches than the standard 28" griddle. I know the 36" Pro Series is made in China (Or something) and not in the US factory. I read this in a customer report / complaint online.

Comment

Everything is cost engineered. Griddles are rather simple however. The cook surface is probably the most expensive part, everything else is stamped steel panels and simple burners. Having seen WM exclusive blackstone stuff up close, it all looks the same to me.

Pick up the cook surface on a display model. Is it heavy for its size? Good. All boxes are checked it’s a go to buy. You want thick and heavy. That weight is even temperature and heat retention.

the lid is nifty. I bet it helps the cook surface heat up faster.

Comment

I used the 17 inch all summer and was REALLY squeezed for space.
            Lucky me!!
            My son bought the 28'' three burner from Walmart for me for Christmas.
            I have used it twice since then and LOVE the thing.
            Quality is definitely on par with BlackStone 17''.
            DO IT if you find one--you won't regret it.

Comment

I'm guessing this is a soon to be discontinued item. I checked it out on www.walmart.com and it is in store pickup only. The WM three miles from me does not have any, but one fifty five miles away has two left. A two burner model with only one shelf is available for delivery or pickup at my local store, but costs $197. So if you are interested I'd suggest not waiting. BTW, I was planning on the one that has two side burners, but it is $447, that's $273 for two side burners. And since I already have a Camp Chef sport with two burners, it's a road trip tomorrow.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                ComfortablyNumb commented
                Editing a comment
                Good news for me, I checked my local WM and they had two in stock discounted to $150, so not only did I save the time and expense of driving 110 miles, but I got an extra $24 off!

Just scored a Pro Series 28" 3 burner, Wally World had 6 or 7 in stock. Now to find a cover.

Comment

Well, I decided to pull the trogger and boy am I glad I did. First of all, the grill was packaged very well. Assembly was straight foreward and took about 30 minutes (my 10 year old son helped). Attaching the paper towel holder was probably the most difficult part of the assembly.

My overall impression is this is a very nice grill, folks. Construction is solud and of good quality. The griddle itself definitely has some heft. First thing I noticed is that 28 inches is a lot of cooking space.(I believe the cooking surface is about 630 square inches). We are a family of 6 and this is plenty of space.Having 2 side shelves is a great feature - each shelf has 4 pegs to hang tools. The left shelf also has a magnetic tool strip mounted on the front edge, which is a nice bonus and very convenient. I really like the lid. It's not too heavy and it covers the griddle perfectly. The lid handle would be a great place to attach a grill light. The wheels are also good quality.

I cleaned the griddle with detergent and warm water to remove any factory residue and then let it heat up on high for about 15 minutes. There is definitely a hot zone in the middle 1/3 (horizontal) of my griddle. I don't see this as a bad thing and it's somewhat expected as every cook surface has hot and cool zones. The front corners were the coolest areas. Having 3 burners is nice and all 3 lit very easily (all have individual ignitors so you can light only one or all three).

Once the griddle surface was barely smoking I seasoned it with avacado oil a total of 3 times, being sure to get the outer surface of the vertical rim as well.

That's about it. This is a sharp looking griddle with a lot of great features only found on more expensive grills. If you come across one of these, buy it! At $175 it is a steal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191228_123536.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.08 MB ID:	784383

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191228_123553.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.24 MB ID:	784384
                Last edited by ColonialDawg; December 28, 2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Mine is still in the box. It appears my afternoon plans have been altered. Probably take me two hours as only me, myself, and I are available, all three pretty sketchy characters!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CFAD7A5A-38D7-4993-A08C-CBFA53755CD8.jpeg
Views:	4107
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	784388
                Attached Files

Comment

• Black99vette
                  Black99vette commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see you picked up the Spanish version. I took mine out of the box today, kind of had too so I could get it out of the back of the truck. Then I had to head in and help the wife with the twins.

• ComfortablyNumb
                  ComfortablyNumb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Black99vette I did indeed, pero no hay problema para mi. Obviamente el translator habia una problema con 'Piedra Negra'. ;-) Fortunately I have a tractor and front forks, so I slid the box onto a pallet and drove it to the back door where I could drag it into the house to assemble. It was a balmy 32F today, but due to the overcast felt much colder. I took the lid off to make it easier to clean and season the griddle, which I'll do tomorrow.

I so much enjoy operator manuals and their warnings. On page 01 "Do not operate griddle any closer than 36 inches from any combustible construction, including walls and ceilings." By page 09 it has increased, "Never operate this appliance within 10 ft. (3.0M) of any structure, combustible material or other gas cylinder...." Yet one of the touted features is a paper towel holder, placed mere inches from the griddle.

Comment

• Brewmaster
                  Brewmaster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My Walmart didn't have one but the one a couple of towns over had it, just got my confirmation # for pick up tomorrow, Thanks for the heads up been looking to get one for a while and SWMBO said to pull the trigger

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here