Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steelmade flat top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a point of clarification. Hibachi refers to a particular type of cooker where the meat is cooked over coals. A griddle that food is cooked on is called teppan and hence, food cooked on a plate metal plate is called teppanyaki.

The ridiculous floor show of some non-distinct Asian "chef" jumping around like a side show monkey while tossing shrimp into his hat is a pure American invention of the founder of Benihana in New York. A restaurant chain that Japanese folks don't eat a when they visit America.

Hibachi:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hibachi.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	917737
    Teppan:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Teppan.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	917738​​

Comment

Ordered and received my Steelmade griddle top and grease tray. Items received 6 days from date of order in perfect condition. I was amazed at the weight of the griddle top. It fit on my 3 burner Char Broil perfectly. I did have to remove the heat deflectors in order to install the grease tray. Seasoned using Canola oil in the afternoon and cooked hamburger steak, grilled onions, zucchini and asparagus for dinner (sorry no photo, I was to busy and excited to remember) but take my word for it, it all turned out great! No sticking to grill at all. Found that I only had to use low heat and the griddle top temperature was pretty even with only about a 30 degree variation here and there. I plan to cook bacon next as recommended to help with the seasoning process. Of course the real challenge will be to figure out how to achieve the desired temperatures across the griddle top as needed but this will come with practice. All in all, I was very pleased with my first effort. Cleanup was a breeze just as they said it would be. Wow, I really had fun cooking on the griddle and am looking forward to using it on a very frequent basis. Again, thanks for all the help and advice provided in order for me to make this decision. You are all amazing and I appreciate your sharing. Everybody stay safe.

Comment

Continuing to enjoy my steelmade flat top. Grilled cheese. It was nice to make all seven at once. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201010_223208485.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	922044Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201010_224018730.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	922045

Comment

The SteelMade flat top and drip tray look great and from all the comments people are loving them. I planning on picking up a Napoleon Prestige gas grill this winter; it seems like the hanging brackets on the drip tray won’t work with the Napoleon wave grates. Has anyone tried it?

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes I get lazy on my Weber Summit gasser and just set the drip tray directly on the flavorizer bars, not hooking it to the grate. Seems to work just fine there.

Maybe talking directly with the SteelMade people will help. They may have a good workaround.

Kathryn

Just received my Steelmade flat top as a gift from my wife. Couldn't wait to use it so I cooked up some quick breakfast food last night. This thing is great!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Grillin Dad
            Grillin Dad commented
            Editing a comment
            dtresca I’m really close to getting one of these (my wife bought me a griddle top for my gasser for Father’s Day … except that top doesn’t actually fit the gasser, giving me the excuse to get this instead). I’m primarily planning on using it for smash burgers and ‘dad breakfasts.’ So quick question for you, how do pancakes and eggs work out on this guy? Do they come off easily? I ask because of the pancake pic you have above.

• dtresca
            dtresca commented
            Editing a comment
            This thing is PERFECT for pancakes and eggs! I've cooked breakfast on this dozens of times. Sometimes even for dinner. Just use a little oil like you would in a pan and you'll have no issues.

Yeah, it's also great for smash burgers. 😊

Hope you get one! Love mine!

What a nice gift, dtresca . Your "break it in" cook looks great. Congrats.

A nice thing about it is that most of the splatters and mess stays inside the gasser. Makes cleanup much easier, for sure.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here