Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstone Pro Series at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstone Pro Series at Walmart

Was curious what everyone thought of the new Pro Series Blackstone griddle at Walmart. I like the look of it and it has some nice extra features, but not sure it is work an extra $200. I am also concerned about the new color and how that is going to hold up to the heat. They even show the lid hanging from the back while in use. I would think that would discolor that paint quickly. I keep watching prices on griddles and really want a 36" griddle, but not sure if this would be worth the extra scratch. What do you guys think? Anyone tried it?

Adding the link in case you haven't seen it yet.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackston...over/385486122
    Last edited by sos2979; March 27, 2019, 09:41 AM.

Sure looks nice but it is pricey for the same cooking ability/capacity as the old bare bones cart. One of those on a 50% off sale would catch my eye.

Comment

Worth the extra $200? Well considering the top alone is $100 from blackstone (found it on amazon for closer to $80)....maybe? I mean the cabinets would be nice. I can live without them though. The magnetic spatula holder is nifty, there is NEVER a good place to put those things. But I can add a magnetic strip to mine easy enough. Same for tool hooks. So.....maybe? Don’t know what I would do today, the pro wasn’t there when I bought mine. $200 extra and get it all now, or add the hardtop, magnet strips, and tool hooks later. Do I even need the hardtop cover? My griddle lives under a cover, and also under a structure to protect it all from rain.

Don’t lmow about paint discoloration concerns either.

Anyhow, my final vote is "maybe". Totally on the fence here. The cabinets are what pushes it over the top. But I CAN say this - there is NEVER enough room on the side tables! I’m always wishing I had something else there. Like....I don’t know....a drawer or something?

Comment

Nice unit, but I agree with the pricey thoughts. I got my 36 on cyber Monday for $199 and couldn't imagine spending another $300 for a couple of drawers and a lid.

Comment

• SmokeyGator
          SmokeyGator commented
          Editing a comment
          I too got mine on prime days for something like $199. For that price it was clearly the way to go. I like it, that is all that matters

It’s in my cart right now waiting for a sale. I figure it’s an extra $150 (less the hard cover) for more of an "attractive unit" rather than a griddle top. Sure I can add magnets, doohickeys, racing stripes and other cool stuff. Truth is I’m not a "tinker-Er" and hate to fuss on stuff.

When I buy something I want it to work right and be whole the first time and never worry about it again, that’s why they get my money.

im not buying it to store underwear and I have a garage so the drawers are for a few things only. Also who wants to stare at an ugly rusty tank? Not me. Tool holder, sure, in a pinch. How many tools are you guys using to make not useable and in the way? Just curious. I’ve only ever used a spat or two or tongs.

We have two Blackstone 36’s at work and I can see the pros and cons. Likely I would take the 200 price some of you all paid for the 36 v the 500 current price of the new unit as that a big%diff.

im on the fence between what I want and the practicality of the purchase.

It it feels nice in my shopping cart though it may end up being just the 36. We shall see.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Buy it!!!!! Buy it!!!!

Originally posted by sos2979 View Post
        I keep watching prices on griddles and really want a 36' griddle, but not sure if this would be worth the extra scratch.
        I would really hate to see the propane bill for a 36 foot griddle! Sorry I had to!
        Anyways, I can't imagine it's worth the extra $200. It has to be going after the guys that need to impress people. I think it looks really nice, but I think $500 is a bit out of my personal price range for wanting a griddle. Albeit, it does have some nifty features, I probably wouldn't use those features if I'm being honest with myself.

Comment

• sos2979
          sos2979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, go big or go home they say...I can always dream.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here