Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick supper on the Blackstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick supper on the Blackstone

Decided to do a quick sort-of-stir-fry for supper tonight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3186.jpg
Views:	1494
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	650740
    Frozen veggies, frozen pulled pork from a PBC cook a few weeks ago, and a store-bought simmer sauce.

Name:	IMG_3187.jpg
Views:	1465
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	650742
    Veggies were frozen solid when they went on the griddle. NOTE: I had to add a third bag of frozen vegetables to keep the carb-to-protein ratio in the acceptable range.

Name:	IMG_3188.jpg
Views:	1494
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	650744
    Pulled pork was partly thawed, still frozen in the middle.

Name:	IMG_3191.jpg
Views:	1443
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	650743
    Sauced on the griddle (sorry, didn't get a pic of that), then a little more just before serving.

Name:	IMG_3192.jpg
Views:	1419
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	650741
    Served on a bed of instant-pot white rice.

Total time from freezer to plate was about 50 minutes. Not exactly a gourmet meal, but still very good...in large quantities...with little effort. Perfect for four at the end of the week.

The Blackstone makes it pretty easy to find a good use for PBC leftovers. This kind of quick stir-fry has become a regular thing at our house.

REALLY great cook, amigo!!!!

Thanks for walkin me through it so clearly, an fer sharin!

Love my 36"!!!! Not only a delight to cook on, but also a trip down Memory Lane...

Lookin forward to seein more of yer cooks, please!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Ive almost pulled the trigger on a blackstone several times...its inevitably going to happen soon, lol.

Brian_M Looks delicious

Comment

• Brian_M
          Brian_M commented
          Editing a comment
          I use it as often as anything else. Burgers often (tomorrow as a matter of fact). I’ve done pork chops and even steak that have turned out pretty good. Even did pineapple slices once or twice. It’s a great option to have.

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          They really fun to cook on. If you can, wait until one of those "sale" days like Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I got mine for $189 last CM.

Used mine for fried rice today. Got home, wife had the rice done in advance, cut up a chicken breast, cut up some onion, broccoli, celery, and carrot, got out 2 eggs, added some soy sauce, and there you go. Quick and easy.

Griddles are cool

Comment

• Brian_M
          Brian_M commented
          Editing a comment
          Fried rice is next. Maybe. I like it, the wife doesn’t, so I haven’t tried it yet.

One of these days.

• SmokeyGator
          SmokeyGator commented
          Editing a comment
          The nice thing about doing your own is you can do it how you like. Don’t want soy sauce? Use bbq sauce if you want! As long as YOU like it nobody else’s opinion matters

Been seriously GASing (MCS) over the 36” Blackstone for a while. Stir fry, smash burgers, and bacon/potato/egg breakfasts have been calling my name!!!

Comment

Dude, this looks great. I love doing pulled pork on the Blackstone. You get that wonderful crust on the meat when you are done. Not that you really need to add more fat, but I love to add a little ghee to the flat top and cook in that. It really takes it to the next level!

Great looking cook, thanks for sharing it with us!

Comment

Nice write up, thanks.

Comment

Just another example of the versatility of pulled pork !!! Nice job on the quick meal, sometimes those turn out to be better than planned cooks !!!

Comment

Love the blackstone. The griddle is so much fun to cook on. Thanks for recipe idea.

Comment

I just told the wife... tax return is filed, I've been drooling over one of these for a loooong time, since last year. The new ones look great. I am short on space out on the patio, but if I get a cover, it'll help. I think it'll make for some really nice cooks.

I need a new amp in my car, too, but that'll have to come out of my play money. I'm trying to convince her the Blackstone would be a "family" purchase, not an MCS purchase!

Comment

• Brian_M
                    Brian_M commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The hard cover seems to be a lot better than the soft covers.

When I was using the soft cover, every time I tried to put it on or take it off by myself I would drag the bottom edges and straps (that drag the ground) across the griddle. This leaves dirt/dust/grass on the cooking surface.

The hard cover is one-person simple and can also help as a wind break while cooking.

Nice cook. Putting me closer and closer to a griddle.

Comment

Name:	7870C605-13FB-47CD-A1FC-839B158C40D1.jpeg
Views:	1416
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	651432Click image for larger version

Name:	C7B33CFA-89D1-4565-9322-75589EB90844.jpeg
Views:	1440
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	651433Click image for larger version

Name:	0283BCEC-9CC9-40EB-A098-3DACB7EF5C8F.jpeg
Views:	1429
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	651434Click image for larger version

Name:	381465EA-F4E1-4C03-B82B-0A39981CD525.jpeg
Views:	1406
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	651435 Inspired me to do a quick breakfast with the DnG. Pulled pork peppers and onions. Nom

Comment

• Brian_M
                      Brian_M commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That looks good!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here