Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Griddle/Weber Spirit Combo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Griddle/Weber Spirit Combo???

hoping some folks have the little griddle / Weber spirit 3 burner combo? I’m lookung at buying one for searing chops, veggies etc

I had a large little griddle. It fit in my 4 burner grill perfectly. Great construction quality and real stainless steel. It didn’t rust.

I gave it to my dad when I got the 36 inch blackstone. Then he got a 36 inch blackstone. I should get it back and regift it or something.

Anyhow I got use out of mine. A dedicated griddle is of course better, but for something that sits on top of a gas grill they are great. I liked mine enough to realize I really needed something bigger

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Great story, an Regiftin season is almost upon us...
      Loves my 36" Blackstone, case I hadn't mentioned...

• McEDaddy
      McEDaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Smoky- about how many burgers can the full size little griddle handle at a time?

Do any of those flat tops have stainless service? I have a thing for stainless as I don’t have patience for pampering cast iron or regular steel, seasoning, cleaning etc

Comment

It will handle as many burgers as my 4 burner grill. The size of the burgers determines how many can fit at once, so measure out a rectangle 23 inches long and 16 inches wide and that’s the size of the one I have. Make sure that will fit in your grill, there are other sizes available.

You can get a stand alone griddle with a stainless steel top, but those are all commercial grade. So at least $1,000 for one that you still need to build something to put it in. Or $500 for a smaller one that sits on top of a counter. For a stand alone (comes with a cart and everything) you will be looking at $1500-$2000.

And then since commercisl kitchens usually have natural gas, make sure whatever you get is convertible to LP gas, if that is what you want to use. Some come with a field kit to convert, others don’t.

The blackstone has a heavy thick cold rolled steel top. But don’t be afraid of that. I live in south Florida. It’s still summer here. At least I’m still running my central AC. It’s humid all year, with a couple days when it gets "low". And "low humidity" means 40%. The blackstone sits outside under a blackstone cover. Also the whole thing is covered with a roof. I am not getting any rust. Just properly season the surface and you are good.

If you really want stainless you can get it, it just increases the cost. But it isn’t necessary.

Comment

Thanks bud. I’m in Coral Springs.

Comment

The blackstone was a sort of planned buy. I was looking at them, but I had my little griddle so it wasn’t like it was a big priority. I was looking at the stainless steel ones, but they have the same cook top. The cart is stainless though. But they are $100 more and really all you are getting is a stainless cart. But still, that was the plan.

But then Amazon Prime Days happened. And there was a blackstone 36 with the new design rear grease drain (front grease drain models would drip and make a mess unless modified). And it was $75 off regular price. With free shipping. So now the stainless one would be almost $200 more.

That is how I ended up with the 36 inch griddle with the rear grease drain, paper towel holder, cutting board, and powder coated steel cart.

To season tne cooktop i got it blazing hot. Then when it stopped smoking (factory coating burned off) I spread regular vegetable oil on it. Then let it stop smoking again. Then applied a second coat. Then a third. That’s it. Between each coat let it stop smoking. After that I made fried rice on it. Then the next morning I had a feast. Corned beef hash, bacon, sausage, eggs, and hash browns. Made sure to spread that bacon fat all around. After that was over the cooktop was nice and black, and nothing sticks to it.

But back to the original topic. The little griddle is great. The way they are made they aren’t going to warp from heat. The pro model I got has handles, so I can remove it (using welders gloves) and go back to a grill easily. Just have to be careful where I put the hot griddle. But you can also get any number of accessories for that Weber Spirit. That’s a nice thing about Weber, they are a "standard". So lots of companies make alternative grates that fit perfectly.

Comment

Thanks bud

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here