Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning your Griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning your Griddle

I thought I was cleaning my Blackstone griddle good enough but this morning I made pancakes and there was a slight beef flavor to them. Not enough for me to stop eating them but it was faintly there.

I'd like to get a good scrubbing in so when I make pancakes again they are not hamburger flavored but I do not want to screw up my seasoning.

What do you all do to clean your griddle?

Thanks

I heat the grill surface screaming hot, after cooking. Hit the surface with some water and wipe clean. The steam should lift any thing that is stuck on, including fats and cooking oils. You can add some lemon juice to the surface at the same time, and that will totally clean it. But keep in mind that acid will eat at the seasoning. Once in a while, not a big deal. But I don't do it every time. Always finish with a very light coating of oil.

Comment

๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ‘† That about sums it up. When you do use lemon you may also take your tongs and use a half lemon while applying a little squeeze.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        See, you have all of these little chef tricks that always take it to the next level! That's why you da House Homey!

I suppose if you were entering your pancakes in the county fair you could do all the things Spinaker mentioned and let the heat ride for a while until all the smoke is gone, essentially burning off the oils. Re-oil and get your breakfast on!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here