Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Griddle Cooks-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Griddle Cooks-

A couple recent cooks on the 22" Blackstone. Scallops and Asparagus, and Shrimp with a cheesy polenta cake. Recipe testing for my new cookbook.

Quick and easy-

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0111.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	460954Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0113.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	460957 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0117.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	460956 ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​
    Attached Files

Yo Baby!

Comment

Very nice. I have my griddle and haven't used it a single time yet. Replicating that looks like a perfect excuse to get going!

Comment

Looks fantastic!

Comment

Looks super!

Comment

Sweeeeeet. I love pan seared scallops.
            And I could eat shrimp all day. Nice

Comment

I think that in your search for recipes for the new book any and all local Amazing Ribs brothers and sisters should be called upon as taste testers. Wait. Montana? You might want to wait for spring.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                I did forget to mention, that ALL looks great!

• allsid
                allsid commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks HawkerXP! We had a few testing sessions where I would have loved some people to have given "feedback" on the recipes

Yeowza. That sear on the scallops, wonderful!

Comment

Grat shots. I need to get one of these.

Comment

those looks awesome. i bet you have to watch those pretty closely!

Comment

Nice job allsid those scallops look amazing with that sear. I took some burger out of the freezer for doing griddle burgers on Sunday. I'm really getting hooked on the flat top burgers going to be hard to do them any other way!

Comment

I am placing my order for one of these. I think I am going to give it to my brother, for his birthday. Then I don't feel as guilty for buying it. And I can use the excuse that, "It's for the kids!" as I will be able to make some killer breakfasts when I go over on Sundays!

Comment

You might as well buy two Spinaker you know you will want one for yourself! Have you decided which one you're going to go with?

Comment

• Spinaker
                          Spinaker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          See below!

This one

Or

This One

Or this one. Which has higher sides. Not sure if that is really worth the extra charge. How crucial are the higher sides?

Frozen Smoke
                        I would love to hear your suggestions. I would rather buy high quality, rather than cheap or mediocre stuff. Thanks!

Comment

They are all pretty much have the same cooking surface size with the exception of the last and most expensive one is just slightly larger but not enough to make a real difference. The sides on my griddles are probably only 2 1/2" high and the limited amount of times I've used it I've never had reason to wish they were taller.
                          I've noticed all the ones you linked to are completely stainless steel even the cooking surface. Not sure how this is for cooking on. Most griddles I've seen are either cast iron or steel not stainless. Not sure you are going to get the seasoning and flavor from stainless that you would from cast iron or steel.

Have you checked out www.griddlemaster.com? He makes steel griddles to fit gas grills. You will spend a little more but you might be happier in the end. Not saying the stainless won't work or perform well but in all the research I did before buying the Black Stones and Camp Chef's etc. are all steel. allsid might have some thoughts on this.

Let us know what you decide Spinaker and have fun making your decision!

Comment

• Spinaker
                            Spinaker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for the info! I will check out the Griddle Master page. I was hoping to get a stainless one because my brother is not going to want to deal with seasoning it. But I wanna check these out.

• Frozen Smoke
                            Frozen Smoke commented
                            Editing a comment
                            They all pretty much come pre seasoned and then it's just the usual cleaning and oiling after that.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here