Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawaiian burgers on the flat top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawaiian burgers on the flat top

I love Hawaiian burgers and tonight I decided to make some using the flat top again finally. Started with my first tasting of my package from Snake River Farms a couple weeks back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0001.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	456101

First some onions..

Name:	SANY0002.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	456102

Get them burgers on half pound each!

Name:	SANY0003.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	456103

Then some thin sliced Canadian Bacon!

Name:	SANY0004.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	456104

Then get the pineapple grilling. Those two look pretty lonely on that griddle. That's the top from the 13" dutch oven I bought from Camp Chef.

Name:	SANY0005.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	456105

Put a layer of onions on the burgers and topped them with a slice of provolone. Put them under cover squirted some water around the cover and melted that cheese nice and creamy!

Name:	SANY0006.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	456106

Then layered on the Canadian Bacon

Name:	SANY0007.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	456107

I missed the shot of putting the pineapple ring on top but here is the ready to eat shot!

Name:	SANY0008.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	456108

Put 'em on a nice onion bun. Made my own sauce to put on the bun too.
    !/2 cup mayo
    2Tbs. Terriyaki sauce
    1Tbs Honey
    Cayenne pepper to taste. I went with about 1/8th teaspoon that was plenty for me.
    That Wagyu burger with a flat top char was amazing! Lots of flavors going on in this burger but the Wagyu shown through in just the right amount!

And I just went out & had a horrible meal in a restaurant & I sit down in our motel & look at this. Well, this made my day. Great lookin step by step cook! Thanks.

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

It's a shame you can't lick hot griddles without major papillae damage.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol!

Awesome burgers. I bet they were super juicy!

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
          Frozen Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          I may have overcooked the burger a bit as it wasn't as pink in the middle as I usually like it but it was not dry at all.

They were much better than my picture taking skills that's for sure. I need to work on that. These were taken with a decent digital but I just don't seem to be able to get the results most of you do. I'm going to have to find a tutorial on how to use my phone camera or something.

Comment

The pics, and the food, look wonderful.

Comment

Well thank you ComfortablyNumb but there's always room for improvement on both!

Comment

Those look great. I need to figure out how to convince my wife that I need a flat top in my collection of cookers. They are so good for burgers.

Comment

Ah yes, always room for improvement. The other adage is practice makes perfect. So keep making tasty burgers and posting pics so we can gauge your progress!

Comment

Yum, yum. Very nice!

Comment

Next to steak burgers rock my taste world. Yours look amazing. Try the Kings Hawaiian hamburger buns next time to complete the theme!!!

Comment

Wow! That's wonderful looking! Drool-worthy.

Comment

Awesome. Between you and allsid I might end up getting one of these flat tops.

Thanks for posting. This was a great read.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
                          Frozen Smoke commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Flat top is calling your name! Don't forget the Grillmaster.com and turn your gasser into a flat top!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here