Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First run on the Arteflame plancha.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First run on the Arteflame plancha.

I was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it was to cook on. I threw a chimney of lump in, and then added cherry logs. I used avacado oil to season it Then I threw on a couple of steaks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170914_170418.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	380154

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170914_181035.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	380155Click image for larger version

Name:	20170914_183549.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	380156Click image for larger version

Name:	20170914_183844.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	380157

A good steak right now.....

Comment

Looks excellent!

Comment

That looks like fun.

Comment

Food looks great. Is that a 26" or 22".

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Scott View Post
            Food looks great. Is that a 26" or 22".
            It's a 26".

Comment

• Pirate Scott
              Pirate Scott commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I will do some research.

I need one of these in my life! I would definitely be losing stuff in that hole, though. The center insert would be a must.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I thought I would order the ring first, and see if I wanted the grate. But before it arrived I had second thoughts, and ordered the grate It should be delivered in a few days.

That looks so cool, and the steaks look great. Enjoy!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

One thing I don't like is that the bolts that secure the lid holder on the Weber make it hard to get the Arteflame in place. I had to back them out so they didn't extend past the nut, and it was still hard to get it in place. If it was notched that would be ideal.

I also accidentally put it in upside down. So the oil ran to the far edges. I assume I'll want to flip it and use it as intended. However, maybe that's the way to go if you don't have the center grate because the food if anything would tend to go away from the hole. But I wanted to season both sides anyway so we'll see what I think after using it both ways.

Comment

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You might want to check into getting a hinge for that lid. There will still be bolts sticking through, but they are much closer together and easier to get the grate under them.

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I had thought would go that route before I purchased this grill. Then I decided I would add an extra handle (see my thread) instead. Now I'll have to seriously consider the hinge again.
                  Last edited by Attjack; September 15, 2017, 08:32 AM.

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just flipped it and a buddy was here. With the bolts backed out and a friend to help guide it the insert went in pretty easy.

Had to have one! Ordering direct from Arteflame is $179 for the 22" Kettle. This is going to be fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here