Picked this up week before last at Walmart for $240. Gifted my 28 to an employee for her and her husband to use. Assembly was very straightforward and easy. A little disappointed when unpacking the right side table as a threaded insert fell out. It's supposed to be machined in, not removable. A pin screws into it to help support the right side but without it renders it unusable. Registered the warranty and will file a claim. The second round of seasoning with a Crisbee puck is cooling off now. Shooting for 5 coats. This new model has built in wind guards on the bottom portion of the griddle. The hottest temp I've measured so far with an IR gun is 580. I'm not fond of the hard cover as when it rests on the back it tilts forward due to the grease catcher. Not a big deal as I'll be adding a hinged cover soon. The hinged cover version was $160 more and I can find an aftermarket one for about $60. Walker was my supervisor and he approved of the assembly. Bought some other cooking tools that were on clearance to round out the purchase. Looking forward to lots of cooks on this unit.

Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
New 36" Blackstone!
Collapse
X
-
Club Member
- Nov 2015
- 5343
- The Great State of Jefferson
-
24X40 Lone Star Grillz offset smoker
Weber Summit Charcoal Grill w/SnS and DnG (Spartacus)
20X36 Lonestar Grillz pellet pooper
SnS 18" Travel Kettle
SmokeDaddy Pro portable pellet pooper
2 W22's w/SnS, DnG (1 black, 1 copper) (Minions 1 and 2)
20+ y/o many times rebuilt Weber Genesis w/GrillGrates (Gas Passer)
20 x 30 Santa Maria grill (Maria, duh)
Bradley cabinet smoker (Pepper Gomez)
36" Blackstone griddle (The Black Beauty)
Fireboard
Thermoworks Smoke and Thermapen.
Gourmet dinnerware by PJ Enterprises
-
Club Member
- Dec 2019
- 3696
- Venice, FL
-
Napoleon Prestige Pro 500
Yoder YS640S
Anova Sous Vide
Avid Armor AVS 7900
Instapot
2 Cuisinart Food Processors
Black Thermapen One
Gray Thermapen Mk4
Red Thermapen Mk4
Thermoworks Smoke
Fireboard
2 Fireboard Pulse wireless probes
Napoleon AccuProbe Thermometer
2 Thermoworks RT8100
2 11” Brisket slicing knives
3 Chef’s knives
1 deli slicer
-
Awesome purchase!
those nutcerts are just a nightmare no matter the industry. I used to install them on cars as a mechanic, and they failed on install probably 40 percent of the time. Please keep us posted on how they take care of it.
i know great food is going to come off that for certain!
- Likes 1
Comment
-
Club Member
- Dec 2017
- 6081
- New Mexico
-
Smokin-It 3D
Weber Kettle with an SNS
Masterbuilt kettle that I call the $30 wonder grill
Bullet by Bull Grills gasser
Anova WiFi sous vide machine
Thermoworks Thermapen and Chef Alarm
I have the exact cooker and love it. I’ll be interested in seeing which hinged cover you get for this. I’ve looked at a few but havent pulled the trigger on one yet.
Enjoy that cooker!!! It’s great to have all that space!
- Likes 1
Comment
-
Club Member
- Aug 2025
- 248
- Boise
-
Started smoking in Aug 2025. First smoker is a Weber Searwood. I purchased a ThermoWorks Smoke to get a more accurate temperature and the pro-series needle probe. I also have a Weber grilling basket, Weber grill brush, and the Grillart steambrush. I've tried all sorts of pellets and wood flavors and my family mainly likes the Traeger signature blend. I have a meat injector and shears for poultry.
I also recently purchased a new 2010 used Weber Kettle Performer. Just got a cover for it. I bought the ThermoWorks RFX with 1 wireless probe, the SnS and DnG to spruce up the grill. I have not cooked on it yet. I cut a hole and installed the ThermoWorks billows. I did buy 4 bags of the B&B charcoal briquettes.
All my cooking has been on the Searwood. I absolutely love cooking Pork Shoulder, chicken wings, chicken breasts and steak. I won first place in my church chili cookoff (I bragged to everyone about it) and I really enjoyed the chili (and I don't really like chili). I really enjoyed Moink balls. I like cooking ribs, chicken breasts, and chicken legs with white sauce.
I look forward to cooking pork burnt ends, smoked turkey for Thanksgiving, and maybe even a brisket.
I'm still trying to determine rubs my wife will really enjoy. I love the rubs from the website, but my wife just wants some rubs that will bring out the meat flavor so she can taste the meat. I'm seeking simple rubs for chicken breasts and steaks.
I love soda and especially Dr. Pepper. I don't drink alcohol.
I live near Boise, ID. I've been married for 25 years and I have 5 kids. I'm a second career dentist.
- Likes 1
Comment
-
Club Member
- Aug 2020
- 9201
- Houston, Tx.
-
SnS Master Kettle
SnS Insert For the Kettle
SNS Rotisserie Kit
Vortex
Pit Boss Ultimate 2 Burner Griddle
ThermoWorks Remote Dual Probe Thermometer
ThermoPro TP-19 Instant Read Meat Thermometer
Choice brand portable gas burner
Wakoli Damascus Steel 6 piece Knife Set
-
Club Member
- Jul 2024
- 1181
- Central Ohio
-
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Master-Touch
Blackstone Omnivore 4 Burner Griddle
Thermoworks: Signals, Billows, Thermopens, Thermopops, Nodes, bunch of silicone stuff, and more!
OnlyFire Rotisserie w/ Basket attachment for the Weber
Vortex for the Weber
Both of Meathead's books!
Way too many BBQ related accessories, tools, and doo-dads!
I'm lovin' mine I bought this last spring when they were one sale! Smashbuger and bacon machine! I think I used up almost an entire propane tank getting the seasoning completed. And yes, the Crisbee puck was the way to go.
Bummer about the threaded insert though... I think I will also do the hood mod at some point, like you, I was not going to spend the extra $$$ for the hinged hood version!
- Likes 1
Comment
-
Yeah, it took me almost 4 hours to get 4 coats of seasoning on it yesterday. I had to stop at 4 because we were starving and we needed bacon and burgers lol. I've got on tank hooked to it now and 2 full backup tanks. Nothing worse than running out of fuel during a cook...well maybe running out of beer or wine.
- 2 likes
-
Administrator
- May 2014
- 21173
- Clare, Michigan area
-
Follow me on Instagram, huskeesbarbecue
Smokers / Grills- Yoder loaded Wichita offset smoker
- PBC
- Grilla Silverbac pellet grill
- Slow 'N Sear Deluxe Kamado (SnSK)
- Slow 'N Sear Master Kettle (cart-mounted)
- Slow 'N Sear Travel Kettle
- Masterbuilt Gravity 560
- Weber 22" Original Kettle Premium (copper)
- Weber 26" Original Kettle Premium (light blue)
- Weber Jumbo Joe Gold (18.5")
- Weber Smokey Joe Silver (14.5")
- Traeger Flatrock Griddle
Thermometers- SnS 500 4-probe wireless
- (3) Maverick XR-50 4-probe Wireless Thermometers
- A few straggler Maverick ET-732s
- Maverick ET-735 Bluetooth (in box)
- Smoke X4 by ThermoWorks
- Thermapen MkII, orange & purple
- ThermoPop, yellow, plus a few more in a drawer for gifts
- ThermoWorks ChefAlarm (wife's)
- Morpilot 6-probe wireless
- ThermoWorks Infrared IRK2
- ThermoWorks fridge & freezer therms as well
Accessories- Instant Pot 6qt
- Anova Bluetooth SV
- Kitchen Aide mixer & meat grinder attachment
- Kindling Cracker King (XL)
- a couple BBQ Dragons
- Weber full & half chimneys, Char-Broil Half Time chimney
- Weber grill topper
- Slow 'N Sear Original, XL, and SnS Charcoal Basket (for Jumbo Joe)
- Drip 'N Griddle Pans, 22' Easy Spin Grate, and Elevated Cooking grate, by SnSGrills
- Pittsburgh Digital Moisture Meter
Beverages- Favorite summer beers: Leinenkugels Summer & Grapefruit Shandy, Hamm's, Michelob Ultra Pure Gold & Lime
- Fav other beers: Zombie Dust (an IPA by 3 Floyd's Brewing), Austin Bros IPA, DAB, Sam Adams regular, Third Shift amber or Coors Batch 19, Stella Artois
- Fav cheap beers: Pabst, High Life, Hamm's & Stroh's
- Most favorite beer: The one in your fridge
- Wine: Red - big, bold, tannic & peppery- Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauv, Sangiovese, Syrah, etc
- Whiskey: Buffalo Trace, E.H. Taylor, Blanton's, Old Forester 1870, Elijah Craig Toasted. Neat please.
- Scotch: Current favorite- The Arran (anything by them), Glenmorangie 12yr Lasanta, sherry cask finished. The Balvenie Double Wood, also like Oban 18yr, and The Glenlivet Nadurra (Oloroso sherry cask finished) among others. Neat please.
About me
Real name: Aaron
Location: Farwell, Michigan - near Clare (dead center of lower peninsula).
Occupation:- Healthcare- Licensed & Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) at MyMichigan Health, a University of Michigan Health System.
Good eats continue to be in your future!
Windgaurds will be nice. I've been spoiled with the Traeger Flatrock, its top sits down in in the chassis to shield it from wind and I've never had a blowout. Downside is it's much hard to see if the burner/s are lit.
- Likes 1
Comment
-
Yep, that's exactly how this one is made now. Very difficult to see the flames but no issues of blowing out. The top gets hot pretty quickly too and the IR gun registers consistent heat across. My old 28 was way different.
-
Yeah, this is why I was thinking of building a cooking shack around it, the Pit Barrel, and the Weber. One particularly windy day this last spring, couldn't keep it lit, but that was only one time. The bonus is, it would be nice to be out of the sun/rain/sleet/snow. Ohio doesn't exactly have the most forgiving weather...
- 2 likes
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.








Comment