Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Blackstone 36" fans out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Blackstone 36" fans out there?

I love this site for the immeasurable amount of information it contains and the forums which are the best around. I see topics covering an immense range of items but, given it's not a traditional grill, I see almost nothing concerning the Blackstone griddle. If this isn't the place for it that's fine, but I just want to see if there are any others out there that are proud of their Flat Top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	black 1.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	166892 Click image for larger version

Name:	fro 1.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	166893 Click image for larger version

Name:	black 2.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	166891
    Click image for larger version

Name:	black3.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	166894 Click image for larger version

Name:	black4.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	166895
    I know they don't do anything overly special (unless you like fried rice omelettes!!!!!!!), but they take care of a lot of the basics in excellent fashion. I love having all of our family over on Saturday mornings for family breakfast and being able to cook for 15 easily, in under a half hour, and not destroying the kitchen. And when I say cook for 15, I'm talking bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes and potatoes. I really like Diner Night, where I take stock of what I have, write up a quick menu on the whiteboard, and take orders on a pad just like in a diner. It's kinda nice doing individual orders instead of the mass meal every time. Anyways, these are just some of my rambling thoughts...

I've never heard of them before but it looks pretty cool, especially for breakfast. Reasonably priced too. My wife loves her breakfast, maybe I'll have to ask for one for Father's Day....all for her benefit of course.

Comment

• BBQ'd_Nuke
      BBQ'd_Nuke commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course! Haha, I kinda used the same reasoning with my wife. Told her it'd be nice for family get togethers. Technically, I din't lie to her...

I've never used one, but at the BGE forum they rave about them, it is the only other tool that gets universal acclaim and respect from that hive mind.

Comment

• BBQ'd_Nuke
      BBQ'd_Nuke commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a reason for it. The amount of food you can pump out with that thing is ridiculous!

Fried rice omelettes?? That's a new one for me! I would try it though! 😎

Comment

• Dr ROK
      Dr ROK commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, those look good!

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great BBQ'd_Nuke . Right up there with Moko loco for da kine breakfast.

• Histrix
      Histrix commented
      Editing a comment
      Most fried rice recipes incorporate an egg or two. A fried rice omelette just increases the amount of egg.

I don't have the 36" griddle, but I do have the tailgater version that has a griddle on one side and a grill box on the other. I've only used the grill side, but I love it. I'll be using it for catering cajun breakfast burritos at our farmers market this summer. I use the griddle mainly for hash browns and I'll cook the eggs and sausage in a skillet over the other burner. The grill box will be nice for our trips to the lake!

Comment

NICE! Now I just need a Saturday morning invite.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        HouseHomey what’s up with the potato salad? You have leftovers 🤔

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve B I'm not sure it's appropriate but if not, it's just barely. So here goes. When we where kids we thought that all certain, non ethnic people brought that to a picnic or pot lock. So it's was not one without it. Ours was beans, rice and store bought fried chicken, always. Stupid I know.

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        HouseHomey that’s very interesting. I guess that gives everyone something to eat.

Glad to hear the positive feedback... We have been eyeing one because of some of the parties we host... but haven't heard much from owners.

Comment

• BBQ'd_Nuke
        BBQ'd_Nuke commented
        Editing a comment
        Take the plunge, you won't be disappointed one bit. If you host alot of parties this will prove itself in short order just by opening up a lot of options.

I LOVE breakfast. Good ol' diner food is one of my faves along with real wood BBQ. Nice looking pics BBQ'd_Nuke

Comment

Thanks Huskee. I just like cooking outside in almost any fashion. My favorite days are when I've got the Blackstone, smoker, PBC, Big Easy and grill going at the same time. Ha ha, I wish my wife felt the same way though!

Comment

Absolutely love my Blackstone 36"er and so does anyone within range of my flying shrimp as I do the worst impression of a real Teppanyaki chef you've ever seen. I draw the line at flipping my knives around but I do clang the spatulas with gusto. Just did an enormous batch of fried rice along with spring veggies, chicken and venison steaks for our Wed. night family dinner (sorry no pics). It is truly amazing how much grub you can churn out with that thing. Got it last year, got it all seasoned up with some practice runs, then took it to our annual pilgrimage to Watkins Glen International for the NASCAR race weekend. It was the centerpiece of all the food prep hardware, and I made breakfast every day for upwards of 20 people, plus used it just about every night in addition to the grills/smoker/fryers. Every dinner had leftovers that magically appeared in the following mornings "hangover hash". That thing is a winner in my book.

Comment

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            That all looks great! Especially the sausages!! 😎👍👍

• BBQ'd_Nuke
            BBQ'd_Nuke commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks absolutely fantastic, we'll done!!

Comment

Just saw these posts! Have had a 36" for about 3 years now and still going strong. All those pics look very familiar! How else can you turn out 2lbs of bacon, sausage, French toast, pancakes, a dozen eggs, and hash browns in 30 mins? Or cook enough of Meathead's diner burgers to feed 8+ without smoking out your whole house? Or do Philly-worthy cheesesteaks, kick-ass fajitas or fried rice that would make Benihana green with envy? I've learned all sorts of tricks over the past few years so hit me up if you have any questions. Oh, and that flaw with the grease drip that has everybody fabricating all sorts of contraptions? Get a 4" bolt or nail from the hardware store and run it at an angle thru the hole to the bottom of the grease tray. Works like a charm and costs pennies! Happy griddling!
            Last edited by gabulldog; October 25, 2017, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to hear from you! Don't be a stranger!

Bought one for SWMBO about three years ago. Works great! Awesome cheesesteaks and Italian sausage with peppers and onions. She did lunch for about 80 people several days on it. Good griddle!

Comment

Beautiful! I like cooking on a griddle every now and then.

Comment

I think one of the mods has one and just posted something with it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here