Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griddle Buddy - Anyone tried it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griddle Buddy - Anyone tried it???

Just saw this and was wondering if anyone has tried it and if so what are your thoughts?

Introducing the ultimate solution to protect your beloved Blackstone griddle from pesky rodents, insects, or debris that can accumulate on your griddle, our cover will keep them at bay and protect your investment. With its non-stick surface and easy-to-clean feature,we ensure that your griddle stays in pristine shape.

It seems kind of a weird niche. Is this for people who are too lazy to buy a cover to protect a several hundred dollar investment? Or in addition to a cover, which would seem to be an effective replacement? If we are using this without a cover, won’t it blow away?

Comment

Not for my Pellet Grill.

Comment

Don't hate the idea, and could see it used in conjunction with a lid

Seems the main concern from the ad copy is an easy way to ensure the cooking surface isn't contaminated by critters after your last usage and clean

Odd that its recommended by "dozens of Blackstone users around the world". Sounds like they only sold 50 units.

Comment

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! I was about to post about their “Dozens of Blackstone users around the world are raving about our proprietary guard” comment!

• Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          lol.... I was an advertising major for a bit and that reminds me of some of the ad copy I used to study. Words, even cadence, are always deliberate.

I think you have a bigger need than a silicon mat.

"Biggest gamechanger ever, I was thinking about throwing out my blackstone before coming across the griddle buddy. I tried everything but nothing worked - griddle buddy has protected us from the hundreds of rats that would leave their poopoo after every use..."

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Ooooohhhhhhh….yeah.

• Alan Brice
          Alan Brice commented
          Editing a comment
          hundreds?!?!.....hundreds.

I'll say up front that I haven't tried this, but I don't see any reason to do so. I had a problem with mice getting into my Blackstone ProSeries. They just loved those drawers and the enclosed cabinet for the propane tank. But now they love the rodent bait stations my exterminator placed along the house on the deck. Problem solved.

Comment

Generically speaking -- are griddles considered more prone to critters vs other outdoor cooking appliances?

We've started hanging little peppermint sachets inside our gasser cabinet for no real reason other than it supposedly keeps varmints away.

Comment

I’ve had rats and mice and even a possum crawl up inside an old Weber Genesis grill, under the cover. I empty the grease cup on my griddle after use, and keep it covered with the Camp Chef cover, and just don’t see evidence lasers are attracted to the griddle, since it doesn’t harbor the leftover grease and burned food bits that a regular gas grill would.

I uncovered my Camp Chef FTG-900 this morning, not having cooked on it in months, expecting at least some level of rust spots due to lack of use and sitting with the canvas cover out in the open all winter. There is dust and dirt on the bottom shelf, which blew under the cover, but the griddle top was shockingly clean and ready to go. I gave it a wipe down with water and a rag while heating, just to clean any dirt off, then oiled lightly. It’s now ready to grill smash burgers for a group of college students from our church tonight, and for Yvonne’s birthday with our kids tomorrow night.

So I just don’t see this as useful unless you just don’t cover your grill at all.

Comment

If I was inclined to cover the surface of my griddle with a silicone sheet I'd just buy one of these for half the price - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MLGQZ65...&pd_rd_plhdr=t

Comment

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                I like the looks of that for use on our granite countertops. Thanks for the link!

I just don't see the need for this one.

Comment

I just got one actually and its one of those things that I didn't know I needed until I got one.

I've seen a few critters on my 36" before and this helps keeps any leaves and stuff off - saves me some time & gives me peace of mind.

Comment

• tbob4
                  tbob4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  After some time report back on this. I could see myself liking the idea and not liking it for one reason - clean up. Often times, I don’t clean the griddle right away. My dogs would devour it if I left it out.

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I left my griddle uncovered for just a few hours yesterday, and it was yellow with pollen. I would have enjoyed one of these if they made a 46" long one for my Camp Chef, as it would have eliminated cleaning the already clean grill a second time before cooking. That said, it was a squirt of water and a rag to get the pollen off.

I took my lunch hour to wipe down all uncovered grills, and put the covers on, since its fixing to be the "yellow" time of year for a month or two here...

• donnie
                  donnie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll report back for sure. Pollen is another issue I have so definitely looking forward to avoiding that mess!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here