Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which model is this Blackstone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which model is this Blackstone?

I saw this listed for free on CL and alerted my buddy who is picking it up tomorrow. Can anyone ID the model? Size?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blackstone.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1167475

If your buddy is into such things, there are a bunch of YouTube videos in which a couple of guys modify an old Blackstone to address the grease drainage issues. Looks kind of fun, actually ...

Comment

36 inch old model. As mentioned the front grease tray has a tendency to drip grease on the floor even with the collection bucket in place. This is because of the way it is shaped, some of the grease will stick to the underside and travel a distance before falling. Not very far, but enough to miss the bucket the thing came with.

Solutions include:
      1. Do not worry about it. Put some newspaper down. Or an old towel. Or a "caution slippery floor" sign. Whatever.
      2. Modify the drip tray. Either with a "front tray shelf", using a soup can / beer can, or drilling a hole so you can attach a hook that holds a larger (metal) bucket.

Comment

I have an original 28” Blackstone with the grease collection in the front.

I bought something off of Amazon that controls the grease drip off the side. I’ll see if I can find exactly what I bought on Amazon. It works great. I set a mini soda can under the end to collect the grease. All of the run off goes into the can.

I love my griddle but I do not care for the grease collection in the front. I always loose food into the grease trap and off the front of the griddle. I do have a "shelf" under the front of my griddle that helps with that though. I’ve attached a few pictures for reference.

Name:	58B01F6E-7E0B-466D-880D-CF9060347A22.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	1167507

Name:	3ED82FC5-B745-4314-888B-9638A30E6723.jpeg
Views:	225
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1167506

Comment

I just went across the street to help him unload his flattop. It's in fantastic condition. He's going to love it.

Comment

36" Gen I
            Same as I have, an roll with...
            Free?
            Why in th World ya typin, an not out there, pickin it up???

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              When I saw it I contacted my buddy who lives across the street because I knew he needed one. I had been keeping my eye out for a deal for him. I guess I found it.

Great find. My cooking life transformed when I got a Blackstone a few years ago!

(Others have correctly identified it as an early-gen 36”.)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here