Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the Griddle game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it goes on....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3349.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1043001Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3352.jpeg
Views:	192
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	1043005

Name:	IMG_3358.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	1043009

Name:	IMG_3359.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1043004

Name:	IMG_3362.jpeg
Views:	195
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	1043008Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3364.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	1043011

Name:	IMG_3974 (1).jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	1043002Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3977 (1).jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	1043003Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3981 (1).jpeg
Views:	194
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	1043000

Name:	IMG_4311.jpeg
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	1043010Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4312.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1043006Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4313.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	1043007

Comment

Name:	IMG_4134 (1).jpeg
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	1043016Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4136.jpeg
Views:	201
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	1043014Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4139.jpeg
Views:	195
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	1043015

And the MOST important thing to have in your outdoor kitchen is a way to open your beer...

Name:	IMG_4980 (1).jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1043013

Comment

I just dont see how anyone would not want a flat top after this.....

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep. Impressive looking pics.

TOFU!

(umm, kidding?)

NOPE!

Attjack and jfmorris nailed it! I use my two-burner Blackstone like a wok, for veggies like asparagus and brussels, and for blackened fish filets. Anything a wok would do your griddle is even more fun - cook on one side and save by sweeping over to the other.

I have NOT moved burgers and steaks away from cast iron to the griddle. Maybe I should try?

P.S. I will griddle tofu before adding it to homemade miso soups (which I make from scratch) or seaweed soups (also from scratch). Both soups need to give Amazon a Tip o' the Prongs for most of the ingredients.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Burgers especially do great on the flat top, and I won't do them on the regular grill again. To be honest, if you are doing them in cast iron, the flat top will be about the same - just no pan to clean. You can fit more on the Blackstone than you can in a skillet too.

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          jfmorris I only need to fit enough for me and Bella the Boxer, but I'll keep it in mind. I WILL try it = especially when I'm doing peppers and onions for the burgers too. Cleaning CI? Rinse in hot water and dry - my CI seasoning is to die for...

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          The SnS cast iron griddle would be great for smash burgers on the kettle.

I am really surprised nobody has mentioned making cheese steak sandwiches! They are a breeze to make on a griddle.

Name:	PXL_20210411_021454024.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	1044002

Oh and breakfast burritos!

Name:	PXL_20210425_190813591.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	1044003

and of course the things that everyone else does. Burgers, egg fried rice, kabobs, steaks, pork, chicken. Since I got my griddle it has basically replaced my cast iron pan collection.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I have done this, but usually can't find the shaved beef other than at Kroger.

• DavidNorcross
          DavidNorcross commented
          Editing a comment
          I usually freeze a ribeye for about 30 minutes and slice real thin.

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          I definitely need to get a meat slicer..

Fajitas
        Breakfasts of all sorts. A full English/Irish is a breeze with that sort of real estate.
        Fajitas
        Smash burgers
        Fajitas
        Philly cheesesteak sandwiches
        Street tacos
        Fish of all sorts
        Oh, and I almost forgot...fajitas.

That’s probably what gets cooked on mine the most. But really, darn near anything can be cooked on one. And certainly just about anything that one would normally use a frying pan or skillet for. Think of it as a giant skillet and it’s almost unlimited...as a few posts above have shown.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you should consider doing fajitas some time....

• surfdog
          surfdog commented
          Editing a comment
          jfmorris See, now that’s something I hadn’t thought of. That’s what I love about this place. ;-)

What I haven't seen mentioned is pizza. If you've got a melting dome, the flattop does a pretty good, quick pizza. They have to be small enough to fit under the dome, but they work out great. And everyone can have exactly what they want.
        Tip:
        Pre heat the dome on the griddle so the heat transfers to the pizza right away.

It can also re-heat leftover pizza, although at my house, it's usually just a slice or two, and is easier and quicker to re heat in a pan.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here