Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eyeing a Napoleon prestige pro, but do I really need gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a Napoleon 410 with the side burner and it's been great . I also have a smoker and Blackstone and charcoal, yes MCS for sure. I like a gasser for quick flare cooked burgers and stuff. However, I use the gasser most for its side burner for braising​​​​​​ and searing in a dutch oven and in using the main part as an oven for baking and grilled pizza. Keeps the house cooler in the summer and eliminates the smoke detectors from going off when I am messy.....

Comment

I don't know how you get by with just what you have now! That said - & I'm serious about it - leave your mind open to adding a rotisserie to a charcoal fuelie, like maybe a Weber kettle.

Which, I didn't do myself. I got a new unused box charcoal grill from Craig's, and added a rotisserie to it from Amazon. I like hacking... I can do two butts or chickens, but I mostly spatchcock chickens indirect on a Performer with Pecan chunks over neutral briquettes.

I have a couple Weber kettles, a Blackstone, a custom big box, a custom tabletop and would buy a gasser for the hi-temp sear - I can 'quick cook' pretty well now and am about to make STL pork steaks in a few minutes. As Mr. Bones mentioned, I'd sell my Blackstone 'forward' to replace it with the Blackstone removable griddle / grate, to get both.

MCS is only a game that can be played, but never won. Choose another cooker and keep searching for your place in the grilling field.

Comment

Well, the blackstone stays. It’s too versatile for me. Great breakfast, burgers, cheesesteak sandwiches. I have considered the joetisserie for the kamado joe (need to buy the cooker first though). I can’t really get by on what I have. I need options. I need another set and forget pellet cooker (bigger this time). I need a big stick burner and the kamado I hear also is great for pizza.

Comment

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          MCS Alert! Chris cooks 25 hours a day...

I love my Blaze gas grill for rotisserie, for the sear burner, and other fast cooks. I have a blackstone pizza oven I like for pizza since it gets to 800f. I use my Primo XL for smoking most often and my many kettles I like for grilling on charcoal.
        Last edited by Attjack; September 9, 2020, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here