Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargriller flavor pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chargriller flavor pro?

Has anyone had experience with Chargrillers flavor pro grill? It looks amazingly versatile as you can use 3 fuels. It might be my next grill to replace my 20 year old Weber Summit.

Here’s a link for it

Professional grills and smokers. Seriously hard working grills.
    Last edited by Mark-B; January 19, 2020, 07:45 PM.

I could’t find a grill by that name on their site, but if you are talking about the triple Texas one I had an older version. First, the durability isn’t the best, but they made good on replacing the burners under warranty. The gas grill cooked evenly, and I wish my current gasser cooked as well. Max Good had a good review on their stand alone gasser. I wish I owned that one. I tried smoking a few times with the fire box, but wasn’t impressed with the results. Knowing what I know now I would get better results cooking with it, but I don’t think it would be as good or as easy as I get on my Kamado. I would say ditto for cooking in the charcoal side. I think it is a relatively inexpensive cooker to experiment with different styles of cooking, but I wouldn’t expect the results of more dedicated cookers nor would I expect it to last 20 years.

Comment

Here’s the grill that I’m talking about. Looks really intriguing and have seen a couple YouTube videos on it. Completely different design than their previous models.

Professional grills and smokers. Seriously hard working grills.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        Mark-B that isn’t the cooker I wrote about, but it certainly is intriguing. I have to say I would like to cook on it and test out its diversity. At that price I am pretty sure it won’t have the longevity of a Weber gasser. If you buy please give us a review.

Looks neat, but I wouldn't buy a grill like that before reading reviews.

Comment

The burners are not very strong at 10k BTU but at 500 bucks I would not like spect high quality.

that is my unqualified opinion. I’m not a window shopper or a guy that tinkers with stuff. I think you get what you pay for. I also prefer cast iron grates.

I would be afraid to use charcoal in this one as it seems like a gas cooker.

Comment

Char-Griller is not known for quality construction, but their Smokin' Pro $200 gasser made me stand up and take notice. I was one of the many miserable owners of their offset smokers. But once again, they may be onto something with this new Flavor Pro. Most gas grills are lacking as smokers. However, Char-Grills unique chimney exhaust design may make the difference here. I have a message into them and will try to test one soon.

Comment

• Mark-B
            Mark-B commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be awesome. I’ve watched a few videos on YouTube taking it through a few cooks and seems impressive for the money.
            Last edited by Mark-B; January 20, 2020, 07:16 PM.

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            2 smackers for a gasser. Thank you for that gonna stick that one in my back pocket.

I have been using my Chargriller 5050 with SFB for over 6 years now. I did have to make some mods to it to make it more efficient, but I wouldn't not recommend it. The biggest thing with it is in fire management. Summertime, not too bad, but in colder weather it can be a pain. I still use it, but mostly smoke on my rectec now. However, I got the most bang for the buck from the gas grill side. I've replaced the grates, flame deflector and their mounts, but all and all, for a cheapie model, it has served me well.

Comment

Here's the review: https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...vor-pro-review

Comment

• Mark-B
              Mark-B commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup, glad I held off. Still searching for my 2004 Weber Summit replacement. It’s still going but probably need to replace it next year. It’s been a great girl, but after looking at the reviews for the newest Summit 470, they appear less than stellar. I really like my smoker box in the Summit and don’t want to lose it.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here