Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Weber 22" kettles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Weber 22" kettles

I have a little bit of a burr stuck to me on the new Weber kettles starting back in 2012 it may have started sooner or later. Any way when I bought my kettle about that time I noticed a distinct reduction in quality. The metal was thinner the lid was lighter. The whole kettle was lighter. The lid did not fit out of the box. I could not lift the lid like I could on my older model without wearing silicon gloves. Shortly after they put a shield on the handle. The legs do not fit snuggly in there holes and fall out when moving the grill if I am not careful unlike the older grills I had. Hate having to stick the front leg in when rolling on the back wheels.

Cooking wise with the thinner metal it did not maintain a constant temperature as well using my Maverick 732 and now Smoke. I have used a Smokenator forever and now use a SnS. So I am not inexperience in smoking all types of meats for nearly 40 years. I still get my wood chunks from the same place for the last 20 years. They have not changed nice 3x3x1.5 chunks roughly that last an hour.

The only difference is the Weber.

Any body else notice the difference. I'll be honest I can't wait till this one falls apart and I can get a PK-360

I've only been using Weber Kettles since 2013-2014, and have been nothing but satisfied. Nothing falling off and more than happy with the cooks. I'm giving my dad my 26, which is a beast, and comes with a stainless grate.

That PK looks awesome!!

Comment

No appreciable difference between my 2002 one touch with side table and my 2018 other than the side table is now steel instead of a composite.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
        mountainsmoker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep cheap painted steel waiting to be scratched and dented. I saw that in my last trip to Lowe's and about laughed.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here