Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for new smoker option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for new smoker option

I know there are many threads kinda around this and i have looked at a few but since this is more personal i figured i would start a slightly different one. After last weekends impromptu cookout I discovered i really need another smoker. I have gotten by for a few years now with a kamado, as its jack of all trades status serves me well most of the time. But when I have a bunch to get done as seen below, i cant take advantage of the jack of all trades nature and have to finish stuff inside (which always turns out great but not same same).

All you wonderful peeps have shown me some fantastic hardware from grills to smokers to accessories. Just recently thanks to the group i came across LSG smokers and sprung some wood. So what i am asking now is, what other smokers are in that same class. I am having a hard time thinking i am going to find anything else that packs what they do into the same quality and package but I have learned in life never to count anything out. So, given i am in the market for that quality, is there any place else i need to be looking?

This is the current front runner: https://lonestargrillz.com/collectio...-offset-smoker
    Attached Files

Sprung some wood got me dyin!

Comment

I've looked at a bunch here lately. In the same class I'd say is Klose, Gator, Jambo. Then Pits by JJ and Johnson all make good smokers. Lang, Yoder, Peoria Cookers all look very nice. I'm getting a Gator in a couple months, Ritch is running a sale on his traditional cookers.

Peoria has a lot of cooker for a pretty good price, want to say it's 48x24 or something for $1700 (going off memory here). The only thing about those is that they are meant to run off of charcoal more than logs.

Good luck and enjoy the search!

Comment

• Ground Chuck
        Ground Chuck commented
        Editing a comment
        A lot of good makers out there, I'm sure I left off plenty!

• PBCDad
        PBCDad commented
        Editing a comment
        You made a pretty good list. Meadow Creek is another good manufacturer. And KBQ is probably the best value for money and learning curve if you want to go unconventional

Nice, quick look at all those found 6 that i need to do more reading on. One not what im looking for couple others are a bit big, looking for 20x30 or 36. Interesting that most of the ones i instantly like are all out of TX.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course they are. Look into pitmaker as well out of Houston. Hands down my favorite.

• Ground Chuck
        Ground Chuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Here is the link to the traditional Gator Pits on sale... The second option is a 20x32 with a grill in the firebox for $1,436 ($359 off regular price).
        BBQ Grills and Smokers MADE IN THE USA More HYBRIDS available than any other manufacturer The Originator of the HYBRID

Looks like Klose has the 20x30 and 20x36 in stock for $1,695 and $1,795 respectively. The good thing about that is you won't have to wait months to get your new toy.

Sounds like you already know about the LSGs. Good luck, man.

maybe a slightly different path from the ones in the current list, but the Pit Barrel Cooker can hold a bunch of food and you'd save a few bucks. Just something else to think about.

Comment

And I'll second the recommendation of the KBQ (Karubecue C-60).

Review here: https://amazingribs.com/node/381

Really in a class of its own.

Comment

I dont mind saving if its for the same product on sale or used and also dont mind spending if its meets my needs. The C-60 though nice and singularly functional looks cool, does not meet my multi-function use and need to have the device do more then just smoke. Only little thing at the moment is would be nice to have a reverse flow option. I am not even sure i am sold on reverse but i do like options :-).

(i will however review the c-60 well, a quick read it is quite interesting though again doesnt appear to do much other stuff, though i could be wrong).
          Last edited by ifican; June 3, 2019, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            You're right, and I misunderstood your needs.

Judging from your photo you have different meats that would benefit from different gook temps and different cook times. That being said you are looking for a cooker that can accommodate a larger volume, but does it need to be able to cook different meats at different temperatures with different cook times? I don’t know the cooker you are looking at, but it helps me if I know the goal.

Comment

Great questions and no it doesnt need to have varying temps. Whats on the grill is spare ribs, ribeye and pork loin. All are quite happy are ~225. Quite frankly I'm looking for something that isnt electronic based. I am sure the electronics today are great but its nice to not have to worry about if you forget to cover or be concerned with anything breaking.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here