Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A simple idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A simple idea.

As some of you have done, I bought a small ss grate for searing over a chimney of hot coals. Since I normally cook for just the two of us, I can sear a couple of pieces of chicken, or pork chops, or steaks, or whatever. Normally, I front sear small stuff like burgers or steaks and then transfer to the kettle for the low part.
    So I decided why take the protein off the small grate? I transfer the grate and meat to the kettle. It worked well, and the small grate is easier to clean than the large grate. So now I use the small grate on top of the large grate most of the time. The large grate does get some drips and so forth, but since the meat is not touching it, all I have to do is scrape it occasionally and keep the small grate clean.
    And when I need to sear over the SnS, I still use the smaller grate.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P_20190514_180139[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.41 MB ID:	682363
    Last edited by RonB; May 20, 2019, 07:30 PM.

Love me some stainless.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish I had ss for all my grates

Great Idea RonB !

Comment

Keeping it simple and tidy

Comment

Great (grate?) idea. Thanks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here