Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasn't all that informed about Weber's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't all that informed about Weber's

I always take a walk in the outdoor section at a big store MAKRO that is now owned by Massmart (USA) and spend a whole while drooling and wishing and wanting and you know what I mean. I’m in the store at least 3 to 4 times a week and always end up walking through the section, like I did Sunday morning.
    I needed a bag of weber wood chips and was browsing their display section when I was approached by a young gent with a Weber badge'd shirt. "No I’m good" was my reply and mentioned the store needs to look into stocking the other wood chip type’s not just mesquite. I asked him if he worked for Weber. He did not just a student employed to offer advice and answer questions on a part time basis (weekends). Without going into any detail the guy looked a little uncomfortable with my knowledge of the product (all of which I got from this site). Not to make him any more uncomfortable I shared a few things that he wasn’t aware of in a helpful way and assured him very few people in SA actually utilise the Weber to its potential. There are tens of thousands of Weber’s in SA but the majority of them are only used for live fire cooking and on the odd occasion to smoke a chicken or small roast. Low and slow / indirect cooking is generally an unknown.
    He asked if I wanted him to speak with whoever and I could do weekend stints. Of course I would but then I’d need to be given a few different Weber models to work / test at home.
    We left it at that and I know he was far more enlightened about the product than before we had met.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180812_093136.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	585332 There are more cookers etc on the RHS out of picture.

Some of you might find this kinda neat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180812_093029.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	585333

That bottom dude would be my go to for fish.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      It is pretty neat and it folds down flat. Price R189.00 = +- $13

Spreadin' the knowledge. Let's hit the streets, boys.

Comment

I too like that little Santa Maria looking rack. I could put that to good use !!!

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Yip just pull the ring on the top attached to the chain and it flips over. Notice I tried the paragraph thing.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Very good, you get a star for today's grammar lesson

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here