Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macgyver -2deg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macgyver -2deg

Got a poker night later today so promise the lads some smoke brisket ribs and pulled pork it's bloody freezing over here at the moment though so in Heath Robinson Style I knocked up my own thermal enclosure for my bullet smoker complete with side vents to ensure good air circulation to the air inlets. It's got a detachable roof in case of rain! Definitely taken a lot longer to hit my temperature but it was -2 this morning when I got going I had a small portable fan from a previous holiday and it's been fantastic at helping push the smoker up to the right temperature! All part of the fun of Q! Just 8 more hours until Texas hold'em beer and brisket!

Keltonfoss maybe here too on shack project?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180119_162533.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.95 MB ID:	475952
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MeatMonster; April 1, 2018, 04:28 PM.

Very cool, have a fun day!

Comment

Nice set-up!

Comment

I love homemade "improvements".

Comment

Love it! Here's a man who refuses to let weather stop or even limit him. I bet your poker buddies will appreciate that.

Comment

I like that a lot! The Macgyver Monster!

Our annual soup and Hold 'Em family tournament is Sunday! Never let it get to the river!

Comment

Very nice! Show us the MEAT!

Comment

What? No insulation board on the top with a vent hole in it. Just kidding. Great job in being creative. At your temperatures McGyver is the man. You make him proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudkat View Post
                  I like that a lot! The Macgyver Monster!

Our annual soup and Hold 'Em family tournament is Sunday! Never let it get to the river!
                  Good luck! Hopefully just bad beats and no bad meats!!

Comment

• Mudkat
                    Mudkat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    😀😀 you too

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
                  What? No insulation board on the top with a vent hole in it. Just kidding. Great job in being creative. At your temperatures McGyver is the man. You make him proud.
                  Of course! Just sitting off to the side, water proof top, insulated underneath! Macgyver never does things by Half's!

Comment

I have to ask, Scotland played MacGyver on TV? That was my favorite TV show when I was younger, still is one of my favs.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                      Jerod Broussard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We don't have any dish or cable, so Chromecast it is and McGyver is on daily. Wish we could get Hogan's Heroes.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                    I have to ask, Scotland played MacGyver on TV? That was my favorite TV show when I was younger, still is one of my favs.
                    Yes it made it over here it was very popular I still think they're reruns once in awhile along with the original A-Team series which was one of my favourites. That was actually my favourite bit in the A-Team episodes when they were barricaded into a barn somewhere and they use a paperclip a horseshoe a bit of rope and some pipe and make a tank lol.

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great stuff! I still watch MacGyver quite regularly, Netflix used to have the whole series but lost it. Hulu has only the 1st season, but I have all the DVDs so I am set. When I watch it my wife always rolls her eyes and makes the stereotypical "paperclip and gum wrapper" jokes, but she always gets into it and can't look away! Lol.

the brisket is about to blow!.....which wire do I detach?.....only 3 seconds.......tick, tick, tick
                    poker and Q.....noice!

Comment

Sir William Wallace would be proud of your work!

Comment

I wonder how many people knew who Heath Robinson was? There is a US equilvant by the name of Rube Goldberg. They made very complicated sketches of machines to do simple things.

Comment

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sounds like my son when he was a kid. His 5' x 5' illustration of his chicken plucking factory was pretty amazing! He was like 7 at the time.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here