Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze BBQ Malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaze BBQ Malfunction

Just got my new Blaze going & bbq'd some chicken. Forgot to season the grills before hand so had quite a mess. Took my medicine and took it all apart and cleaned up. I then seasoned the grills with oil 3 or 4 times but noticed all 4 burners & the infrared burners controls would only go to high setting & would not continue on ccw to the low setting. After cooling down I looked closely at the burners thinking they might have been keyed but they only had a tube that encircled the gas inlet from the knob. Then leaving the burner out I turned the knob ccw momentarily to see if it went all the way to low setting. No luck, would only go to hi setting. So, put all back together and to put the icing on the so to speak found out that now none of the burners will light. Anyway thought someone else might have experienced something similar. Notified Blaze support too.

All is well now. Solution was part inexperience part YouTube. Push in turn to high to light LET GO! & turn left to low (duh). Found a video on YouTube for resetting the regulator. Don't know if that was entirely it but all light now.
    Last edited by MarkRees; October 14, 2017, 02:55 PM.

Thanks for the heads up. Let us know what Blaze support does to help you out. Best of luck to you. I don't own a Blaze, or else I might be able to offer some advise.

Comment

All I can offer is condolences and hope you get it sorted out.

Comment

I have the 4 burner also. I really like the versatility of it. I purchased 2 infrared burners along with the grill from BBQGuys. I had a small issue with something and contacted them. They helped me get the issue taken care of. So then I talked about the 2 infrared burners. I noticed that they only put it in the left side. So I asked if it could go in any slot. They said that it wasn't tested in any other slot and said they were suppose to have caught that I purchased 2. So they refunded me the money and let me keep the 2nd one. I haven't tried it in the 2 burner config yet. I have noticed that when I have all the burners running, the rotisserie burner doesn't work well and almost not at all if I also run the left infrared burner. I like the heavy grates and burners. It is also pretty easy to clean. But since I got a Weber 22", I don't use it as much.

Comment

I’m glad it’s currently functioning. I hope it all comes together for you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here